Anyone else notice this slipped out silently?!

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by PoochJD, Nov 16, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

In the middle of October 2004, Paramount did a sneaky and rather odd DVD release, and I still can't understand why they did it, so quietly.

The original, 1979, 144-minute cut of Francis Ford Coppola's "Apocalypse Now" has been re-released onto UK and US DVD. There are minimal extras, but it is in 16:9 Widescreen, but the extras that are included, are reasonable. The price is just £12-99 (RRP), but it's been given such a quiet release that 95% of stores I've asked about it, had no idea it had even been released in the first place.

The question is, why?! :confused: After all, it's not as if this is a bad film, or even a bad release. So why has Paramount done this so silently, and with no fan-fare.

I've always wanted to get both the original 1979 cut, and "Redux" cut on DVD, and now I can. It's just a shame that Paramount still hasn't released the brilliant documentary "Hearts Of Darkness: A Film-Maker's Apocalypse" onto DVD as well.

Anyone wish to comment on this?

Pooch

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,018
    it's not actually Paramount that re-released it in the uK. I think it's Fox/Pathe or someone like that, but it's definitely not Paramount for some strange reason