1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else notice this slipped out silently?!

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by PoochJD, Nov 16, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

In the middle of October 2004, Paramount did a sneaky and rather odd DVD release, and I still can't understand why they did it, so quietly.

The original, 1979, 144-minute cut of Francis Ford Coppola's "Apocalypse Now" has been re-released onto UK and US DVD. There are minimal extras, but it is in 16:9 Widescreen, but the extras that are included, are reasonable. The price is just £12-99 (RRP), but it's been given such a quiet release that 95% of stores I've asked about it, had no idea it had even been released in the first place.

The question is, why?! :confused: After all, it's not as if this is a bad film, or even a bad release. So why has Paramount done this so silently, and with no fan-fare.

I've always wanted to get both the original 1979 cut, and "Redux" cut on DVD, and now I can. It's just a shame that Paramount still hasn't released the brilliant documentary "Hearts Of Darkness: A Film-Maker's Apocalypse" onto DVD as well.

Anyone wish to comment on this?

Pooch

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +858
    it's not actually Paramount that re-released it in the uK. I think it's Fox/Pathe or someone like that, but it's definitely not Paramount for some strange reason