Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Anyone else lost CD Wow orders in post?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by davidwatsonok, Dec 1, 2003.

1. davidwatsonok

davidwatsonok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    As many on here, I usually order from CD Wow! for most of my CD/DVD purchases. They have always provided an excellent service with the most competitive prices. The only problem is that I seem to have a rather large amount of my orders go "missing" in the post, and I was wondering is it just me or does anyone else have the same problem, and is it worse with CD Wow! ?

Here is the list of missing discs :-

1 Eagles DVD FrontRow 5-8-03 8.99
    1 Terminator DVD CD Wow 5-8-03 8.99
    1 Terminator DVD CD Wow 5-9-03 8.99 (Replacement)
    1 Evanesence CD CD Wow 16-10-03
    1 Evanesence CD CD Wow 16-11-03 (Replacement)

CD Wow! have now cancelled my last order and refunded the money to my credit card, suggesting that I try having my orders delivered to an alternate address. Being that anyone I nominate (family/friends) will be in the same city (Leeds) as me, I cannot see this being a solution. The parcel will still pass through the same sorting offices and I do not beleive that it is my local postie who is "loosing" them. I have complained to the Post Office on each occurance but this seems useless and futile.

Please feel free to share your experiences and impart any advise as I am getting extremely annoyed that I may end up blacklisted from this excellent supplier through no fault of my own. It almost feels like the Post Office is slandering me.

Regards.

2. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Who did you complain to at "the post office"? I had a similar problem with Play.com earlier in the year -- although never resolved if it was them saying they had sent them and hadn't, or stolen in the post.

However, I contacted the Royal Mail by telephone and spoke to a really helpful department; they said they get this kind of thing all the time, and could put anti-theft tracking on my address. This meant that mail sent to my address gets verified at each point so that it doesn't "go missing". Furthermore, they sent me details of this in writing with reference codes I could use with Play.com in case I had to show that I wasn't lying when I said all these discs were going missing.

The Royal Mail couldn't be more helpful.

StooMonster

3. davidwatsonok

davidwatsonok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Thanks StooMonster, I'll give them a ring in the morning.

Amazing that only one person on here seems to be suffering the same problem. The excitement of waiting for your new goodies to arrive is tainted by the anxious feeling that they may never.

4. JamesOD

JamesOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I am in the same boat with games from dvd boxoffice at the moment and I feel a little bad when I have to call them and let them know that I have had another game go missing ( its running at about 25% at the moment) what was the number you called for the post office stoomonster I would be interested in speaking to them.

Thanks in advance

5. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    I'm not sure this is the number I called (got that from Yell.co.uk), but it's the one on the letter:

Royal Mail Customer Service Centre
    08457 740 740

The letter also states that if one has concerns with postal service, there is an independent consumer body called PostWatch who can also help, their number:
    08456 013 265

Once the Customer Service Advisor I had been dealing with had contacted mail security and put the appropriate flags on my address there were no further issues.

Perhaps it was just PR and she wanted to get me off the phone, but it did seem to work. Coincidence?

Give them a call, and ask for a letter explaining the action they are taking to investigate your complaint (of a number of items going missing). Finally, when you call ensure that you have a list of the posting dates of the items and where they were posted from. Also tell them that Play/CDWOW/ChoicesDirect are a well know company who sends thousands of parcels every day -- they get worried when they hear the words website order.

Post your results here, I'd be interested to see what others experience is but for me it was excellent.

StooMonster

6. mhouston

mhouston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Had four discs shipped from CD-WOW on 20/11/03. Only one has so far turned up (last thursday), though discs shipped after have already arrived. They're a great company so I'm a little hesitant to email them and tell them that 3 out of 4 discs haven't turned up as it's not really their fault. Do I just wait a bit longer or ring the good old royal mail?

7. evilash

evilash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    mhouston
    give it a couple more days and then give cdwow a call. they are first rate from my experience at sorting out lost/faulty goods. two weeks for a movie to be delivered to your door from cdwow is unacceptable and unfortunately it's cdwow that loses out! you can try giving royal mail a call but i cannot imagine it will get you your dvds!

8. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    hi all :)

thought i'd add my lil experience with cdwow.

i've pretty much ordered most of my stuff from play until recently when realising how good cdwow were and finding play taking longer n longer to ship. anyway, so i placed my first order a few weeks back...and have around 3/4 in total that i'm waiting for.

mhouston: i got an email confirming shipment on the 20th but still nothing :( a little dissapointing as its my first experience with them...but theres no saying whos to 'blame' so to speak, but have contacted them and they've been pretty good and said they'll send again and possibly an empty box/bag to return a duplicate should it arrive. can't say fairer than that, just really want my dvds tho :)

as i said, being my fisrt with cdwow, first impressions count and while i am dissapointed that they have not arrived yet, it could be for an all manner of reasons and most of which could have nothing to do with cdwow, so i am pleased with their service in light of rectifying the missing stuff. especially happy with being able to call on the phone and it be answered all most instantly and beng dealt with in a humain [spl.?] manner is refreshing [as most 'assume' you're lying and treat you very differently]

let hope they're winging their way to me as i type :D

those how wait
    monsieurblack

9. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    I've ordered about 10 DVDs from CD-WOW and have them shipped to my work address. All of them have turned up fine.

I currently have one order that was sent on the 29th Nov that's still winging it's way to me, but on past experience, I'm not expecting a problem.

The wife has had a couple of things shipped to our home address, and they have also turned up without problem.

10. ranar

ranar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have also had 2 out of my last 4 orders re-despatched due original orders goiing missing... my only concern is that if this becomes a regular occurrence it will be the consumer that loses out, as CD-Wow would need to increase prices to cover losses (and unlimited voucher use).... a point I expressed to them when I last called to complain about my missing order...

DVDs that went missing were:
    Terminator 3, 2 disc rgn 3
    Lord of the Rings, 4 disc rgn 2

11. mhouston

mhouston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sounds like maybe the whole shipment from the 20th is delayed/missing since you are still waiting for something from then too monsieurblack. Though I did receive one of the discs that was supposedly shipped on that day (though maybe it was actually shipped earlier and the despatch email was sent out late???).

12. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    hhhmmm...??? :confused:

yeah, i just don't know atm :( i'm sure they'll turn up :) but as to the whys n wheres of whats happened, i'm outta ideas as it could so many factors :eek:

although i think you're on to something mhouston, with 'the 20th'

spooky
    monsieurblack

13. adieacc

adieacc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also missing LOTR TTT 4disc set, dispatched 17 (mon), there might be something in the whole shippment going missing theory

Adieacc

14. ryonhill

ryonhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never had any problems with CDWOW.

15. mhouston

mhouston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah I usually get things through in 2-3 days (apart from when the strike was on) which is why it's so strange this time.
    Tomorrow maybe???

16. mykl1971

mykl1971
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed that the order history page will change to "sent" and then it's the following day that you get your shipment confirmation e-mail :confused:

Yesterday (Monday 1st Dec) I finally received my U2 @ Slane DVD which was shipped 20/21 Nov.

However, I got my shipment e-mail yesterday for POTC and it arrived today :clap: In Northern Ireland too :clap: That in itself usually slows deliveries down a wee bit :smashin:

17. codling

codling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    PearlJam

top user name.................:clap: :smashin:

carlos:cool:

18. frodobaggins

frodobaggins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My first order with cd-wow for the Alien Quadrilogy (R1) has just despatched, so here's hoping there's no problems.

Now I'll wait and see if I get stung by customs. Sincerely hope not! :(

19. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    The DVD that was despatched on the 29th is now in my hot little hands. Not sure if it arrived yesterday or today though (I was off work yesterday, and the parcel was on my desk when I got in).

Once again, top service from CD-WOW :)

20. ryonhill

ryonhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Alien Quadrilogy has just been sent by CDWOW and im sure that in the unlikely even of getting hit by customs CDWOW will pay you.

At least i think thats whats happened before.

21. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +683
    It's nothing to do with CDWow!
    It's theiving postal workers and the Royal Mail know this!

Postal theft is rife throughout the UK!

22. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It could be a complete coincidence but royal mail do employ a lot of temporary staff this time of year to cope with the seasonal demands

I had only ever had one dvd go missing at my current house

At my previous address we were on the route that got given to whoever finished first. Loads of stuff went missing statements / packages. We never received any mail on a monday either

23. ryonhill

ryonhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well my Quadrilogy boxset arrived safe and sound this morning.

Still, i do have to wait until the 25th to open it.....