Anyone else keep their dvd collection in a storage Wallets?

Ewan154

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a very large dvd collection. I have about 8 dvd storage units full of dvds and it's starting to feel the like the walls are closing in on me. So I thought about putting my collection into dvd storage Wallets.

Do anyone else keep their collection in dvd storage wallets?

Not keen on the wallets myself.

I got a couple of aluminium cases ( 500 capacity ) , currently on offer at maplins £20 each.

I also have a large cd / dvd and now bd collection and they really were taking over the house, so I invested in quite a few "Discgear" units. I purchased them through "Play.com" and the version I bought holds 100 discs. I also invested in their literature albums that hold the disc covers be they cd / dvd or bd. Since I bought them the price of the units and literature albums have shot up from what I originally paid which is a bit of a drag. Never the less I have provided the link below, I went for the selector auto model. They do solve a collectors nightmare storage solution though....but unfortunately now at a much higher price than I paid and I ended up buying quite a lot twenty odd, thank heavens I got them at the lower price. :rolleyes:

Price wise they don't compare in any way with the units described above. But the discs will not get scratched, are easily retrieved and all your covers are in a booklet that can be numbered in tandem with the discs in the units numbering sytem. You can also go online where "Discgear" will give you software for printing out an allocation system for your discs, and because you may over time get rid of the odd disc or two it makes no difference if you go out of alphabetical order. By the way no I don't work for them, but the system works for me hope this helps. The link for Discgear themselves is under the one for "Play".

Computing - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

Discgear.com - DVD & CD Storage and Organization. Find the right disc, right now

Last edited:
Last edited:
Rip 'em to the HTPC and store them away in plastic tubs in the loft.

i store dvds in wallets, and havent noticed any problems, but i tend to watch stuff from hard drive so they hardly ever get taken in and out

I store mine in paper sleeves and put them alphabetically in filing boxes. I chuck out most of the boxes.

exactly. they take up too much space

What if at some point you needed to be rid of them, you wouldn't have the boxes in order to sell them.

I have a collection of roughly 300 (was over 500) that I'm weeding, and having the boxes is a must when selling to sites like Music Magpie.

Each to their own, but do you really need all the DVDs you have? Perhaps get rid of some to make space for new ones.

What if at some point you needed to be rid of them, you wouldn't have the boxes in order to sell them.

I have a collection of roughly 300 (was over 500) that I'm weeding, and having the boxes is a must when selling to sites like Music Magpie.

Each to their own, but do you really need all the DVDs you have? Perhaps get rid of some to make space for new ones.

When I decided to sell off some of my more valuable titles I bough extra boxes in bulk which came to about 5 pence a box. It was still better than keeping a lot of boxes around in what is a one bedroom flat with not a lot of storage. I always keep the inlay booklets and sleeves, btw.

I was using multiple Logitech cases that each held about 240 discs, but was using too many. Ended up buying one of these Amps 2000 Disc storage box. I eventually filled that as well, but have now put all my TV boxsets in the Logitech cases and keep the Amps case just for films. Like others, all the boxes go in the loft.

I was using multiple Logitech cases that each held about 240 discs, but was using too many. Ended up buying one of these Amps 2000 Disc storage box. I eventually filled that as well, but have now put all my TV boxsets in the Logitech cases and keep the Amps case just for films. Like others, all the boxes go in the loft.

Jeez you have a lot of movies/box sets my friend :eek:

I used to keep my dvds in wallets and it was really handy. I now buy blu ray and keep those in original boxes. I only have about 20 though.

I use the amps silver 800 case. Iv'e got a couple of them plus a few soft cases that hold 400.

Mick

Use caselogic dvd wallet/folders. Does the job and no damage to discs.

I picked up a couple 100 disc wallets from Poundland. Quality is ok and good enough for DVD's, I won't be using them for blu rays.

My other half has just done this with her DVDs and she's freed up much space in her office (early spring cleaning & all that). All the cases went in to a recycling bag.

Now I have 700+ DVDs currently in the loft waiting for me to finish (OK, start) building my home cinema and I'm not going to do that at all. More likely I'll go through my films and just sell / charity shop the ones I don't want to keep. Haven't gotten the Blu-Ray bug yet (do have 70 or so HD-DVDs which I'm backing up to HDD, had one player die) just mainly DVDs.

all the dvds are in wallets with me and the cases are in storage boxes in the attic, about 200 odd in total

I do the same, and I've had a lot of my DVD's for more than 5 years now. They don't skip and a pretty much in tip top condition.

Bringing this thread back from the dead a bit....

Currently my CD collection is in the loft as we don't have space in the house for it (Its around 500 CD's). For ease of access and space saving in the loft im looking at keeping the Digipacs and books but putting the normal CD's into a 500 capacity wallet case so I can keep it in the spare bedroom and have easy access to it. I was just checking with fitting the CD and inlay into the wallet compartment but the back of the CD inlay doesn't fit. Can you get slightly bigger sized wallet parts or do you have to store these back inlays separate?

Was going to do it alphabetically but then realized what a nightmare it would be to sort if i got some more cds

Id never do this for the simple reason that I suspect I would never actually open the wallet in question and look through it. Maybe its just me?

I have done eaxactly that. I haven't opened up my DVD wallet since I filled it up. I have still watched DVD's that are on the shelves so it is not the format that is a issue.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom