Anyone else here receiving sky movies for nothing?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by tony kop77, Mar 29, 2004.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    I know sky movies 2,4,6 and 8 are free if you choose a certain package but since Saturday I amn reciving 1,3,5 and 7 as well.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Not worth calling SKY unless your next bill includes the extra cost of the movie packages:)
    I did read that no further customers can have the G1 package but existing users still have access.

3. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I'm on 1G and am still only receiving 2,4,6 and 8 although have heard some disturbing reports of sky switching people over to the full package without telling them.

4. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    yeh I'm getting them too. Including SkyCinema 1 & 2.

I might give them a ring as I don't watch the movie channels that much, certainly not enough to pay full wack for it.

5. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    I didn't realise it until I read this thread, but I'm getting them too (I'm supposed to only get 2,4,6,8). Has anyone phoned them to ask about this yet ?

6. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    Update - this was posted by someone on DS who rang Sky and was told:-
    "As of 26th march the G1 pack has been discontinued. BUT the subscribers who were on the G1 pack previosely will only benefit from this. This is because sky will be offering all the people who were on the G1 pack and paying £33 will continue paying the same price and NOW also recieve movies 1,3,5,7,9, disney etc which means WE are getting the SKY WORLD PACKAGE for only £33 not £40. The offer of £33 for the FULL sky package for the G1 pack subscribers will last for 6 months (till september) as from 26th march."

7. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I just phoned sky about the same thing 9before seeing this thread) and can confirm what is written above. I was NOT told about this change and on the phone it was implied (I should have asked clearly) that there was NO G1 package to go onto now and "all?" existing subscribers were moved to this deal. I was supposed to recieve a letter atleast *hmm*.

I'm not to sure what to do. I don't particularly watch the movie channels and the fact that the monthly cost will increase to a whopping £40 after 6 months makes me think I should phone up sky and demand I be returned to my original package, given that I was not informed and did not give my authorisation to change the package.

8. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Sounds like an even better deal for those who took the G1 package:)
    When this "new" promotion ends just downgrade back to the £33 package you were on before taking the G1 and you've lost nothing:)
    Silly me, didn't trust SKY when they told me about it and I could have had SKYworld until September for a very nice saving:laugh:

9. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I think that as they are now giving you more channels for the same price they are within their rights, you shouldn't really be complaining as you are now getting something for free. I like you feel a bit aggrieved that I'm losing this package so soon after signing up but that's life (well actually that's Sky).

Contractually as long as Sky inform you a month before they change you to either the Sky Sports package or the Sky World package I don't think there's any real course of action as their terms and conditions are fairly relaxed in what they are allowed to do.

Having said that they will be getting a letter regarding their poor customer service!!