1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have problems with Currys?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Antwerpman, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Antwerpman

Antwerpman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else having problems with Currys? I have had a Samsung 42" plasma on order with them for the last 8 weeks and they are giving me the complete runaround. They are even saying that although the delivery is 5 weeks later than originally promised, the screen is a special order item so if I cancell I will loose my deposit. As I am in Antewerp at the moment chasing them is even more difficult and all I get is some jumped up little sh!t on customer services telling me he will get back to me.

Any advice on how to progress the situation or even how long you have had to wait for them to deliver your screen would be useful

Thanks in advance

Antwerpman

2. Phil_Yeoman

Phil_Yeoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well not good news I'm affraid:(, Curry's did the same to me. I waited nearly 8 weeks and wouldn't of got it that quick if I had not refused to leave the store until I had a date (5th vist). I should have known better than to buy from a box shifter but I wanted this specific model and only curry's and Dixons stock it.

The best course of action is to get someone you know (preferably very large) to demand a delivery date from the store you bought it from. Mine actualy came 5 days erlier than promised (THE FINAL VISIT :)).

Hope you get it befor christmas it will have been worth the wait

Regards

Phil

3. MARTIN TURNER

MARTIN TURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the same package as you and was told 4/5 weeks delivery but when i called samsung direct they gave me a date next week . I even think i could have specified an earlier date if i could have arranged it. Dont even speak to currys i managed to get samsungs number and called them myself. Their number is 01332866605 . I am saying all this but until my screen turns up i am still in the same boat as you. good luck antwerpman.