Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Anyone else had this problem?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by simg, Jul 21, 2005.

1. simg

simg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering ifanyone else has had this problem or have used this company b4. I ordered a coolermaster cavalier 2 from a company called Kotech, http://www.kotech.co.uk/Scripts/default.asp I paid by card and recieved the usual confirmation email, I even phoned them 2 make sure it was in stock(as no-one else in the country has them??) My wife took reciept of the case while I was in work as it was delivered nextday by Parceline, as the driver handed over the box he mentioned that it was very light and was she sure they hadnt just sent an empty box, my wife reassured him that it there wasnt a computer just a case which she presumed to be light. During my lunch I phoned the missus to open it 4 me 2 make sure it was the right colour and lo and behold.....nothing but 2 polystyrene bricks which held it in place :eek: She opened the box from the bottom as there was an unbroken seal on the top. I phoned the company immediately and they would look into it. A week later, phoned them was told it will take a while to submit a query 2 parceline and it may not go my way and I may have to take the loss like a man!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :suicide: This wa s6 hrs ago and still not calm, If anyone can give me advice that would be great! :lease:

2. schillaci0

schillaci0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have used kotech before but not via post but collection only and found them to be ok if you dont get any refund i would go and give them a visit and talk face to face

3. The Dude

The Dude
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,602
    The only tricky part is that the package was signed for, and I'd say the courier gave a fairly big hint to check the package contents before signing it off...

If the firm are OK you'll be alright, give them a call as suggested.
    They may co-operate fully, but if they blame the courier, the courier will just produce the signed receipt and you are probably screwed.

I've been here with business purchases before, you may get co-operation from the supplier, but the Courier are already absolved of any blame from their perspective, as the package was signed for 'as seen', as is usually the case.

Good luck mate.. :rolleyes: