Anyone else got this cold bug that's doing the rounds?

Bill Hicks

Ex Member
Reaction score
I've had a chesty cold now for over a week. Not flu as it doesn't leave you feeling like death warmed up, just feeling stuffed up with a chesty cough.
Must say it seems to be lasting for ages with no signs of it diminishing no matter how much vitamin C I'm taking.

:mad:

Anyone else come down with this and how long have you had it for?

No.

But my back is really giving me problems today. Yah big Jessie.:D

No wonder you're not getting over it if you're only taking vitamin c, that won't help in the slightest!
If you feel the need to take anything then take something like Beecham's or Lemsip. They won't get rid of the virus, your body has to do that on its own, but they should alleviate the symptoms for a while.
Otherwise just get to the doctors and let them check you out. It could be a chest infection and they'll give you antibiotics to clear it up.

Yes I do, in fact everyone in our family has the cold. The worst thing for me is the fever and shivers, feeling cold but running a fever. :(:boring: It also doesn't help having a lack of sleep due to our 5 year old being a drama queen and insisting on getting in our bed at 5am :boring:

Yip, on my 4th week now, sudafed mucus relief nasal spray is helping me through it, getting really annoying now..

Yes for about 4 weeks. This last week Ive been ok but my throat has just started to get sore again :(

Some nice hot Tandoori chicken will sort that :p

Yes for about 4 weeks. This last week Ive been ok but my throat has just started to get sore again :(

Some nice hot Tandoori chicken will sort that :p

Can't believe you and kevstir have had it for 4 weeks!
That sucks. My wife had it a week before me and hers is just on its way out, so I reckon I've another week to go.
Couldn't handle another 3 week's of this. :(

That sucks. My wife had it a week before me and hers is just on its way out, so I reckon I've another week to go.

I'd say it was only bad-ish for about 2 of the weeks, the first and last week wasnt to bad, just more uncomfortable.

Feel for you mate but at least it should be gone before xmas :thumbsup:

Had it for a little over 2 weeks. Sinuses were killing me, struggled to breath and sleep, and my throat was red raw.

Over the worst of it now, but this is about the 6th time i've had sinus issues this year.

Well ****** off!

Nope,hardly ever get colds.

The key to staying healthy in winter, is to spend as much time outdoors as possible :thumbsup:

Yes two hear had that version, and me and my eldest got the worst head cold which zapps energy...She's been down for a week tomorrow and I've been down since Sunday....I've fallen asleep at my desk 4 times now during the day, I've cancelled all client meetings and stopped driving....Just playing the Wii U a lot

just going in to mine 3 weeks in, probably today feels like the first day its laid off a bit, worse thing is, the cold is playing havoc with my asthma as well, its a right pain in the [-]ass[/-] chest...!:mad:

I keep getting wheezy breath and snottiness, no sore throat fortunately.

On the third week now. Had to days off work with it and everything. Have asthma too. My wife is off sick with it and she has it 3 weeks too. 4th cold in 12 months.

Got some friends who have had the cold bug in their house for weeks and weeks. That bug could be a better option than the rather nasty sickness and diarrhea bug we have on the go.

Try a teaspoon of Manuka honey strength 12+ or higher a few times a day. Most health shops will stock it and I think you can get it from Tesco. First sign of a cold we always take it and we haven't been laid up for a long time.

Bit's of me are beginning to drop off but colds..........nah!

I've had it for around 3 weeks now. Our 1 year old has it as well and he's been quite ill with it, coughing so much in the night he makes himself sick as he can't blow his nose to get rid of the mucus.

Yep. Had a humdinger of a head-cold a few weeks back. Left with hacking-cough and am still getting ears popping and dulled/imbalanced hearing, the hi-fi has been well off form!

Last edited:
Same here, had a cough now for at least two weeks and been a bit muccusy in my throat too. The cough seems to be getting better but throat getting worse now. It's been keeping me up at night too. Weirdly it makes my throat make odd noises when I am dropping off to sleep which then wake me up.

Yep, had it a while but I'm hard so just ignored it :D

Everyone in our family has it too. I was in hospital for a bit yesterday. The infection caused my heart to beat irregular for a while. OK now. Sent home with antibiotics. Got a permanent tickle in the back of my throat.

Yes thanks. I knew it was a mistake going to the UK late last week. 36 hrs in the country and from what everyone is saying, three weeks to recover.:thumbsdow

Same here, had a cough now for at least two weeks and been a bit muccusy in my throat too. The cough seems to be getting better but throat getting worse now. It's been keeping me up at night too. Weirdly it makes my throat make odd noises when I am dropping off to sleep which then wake me up.

I'm making that noise too and it's sending my Mrs crazy, i'm not suprised as it wakes me up as well.

I'm making that noise too and it's sending my Mrs crazy, i'm not suprised as it wakes me up as well.

Glad it's not just me! It's the most frustrating thing ever, and even more so as you have no control over it whatsoever.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom