Anyone else getting battered by the winds!!

booyaka

Reaction score
Crazy winds at the moment in South Ayrshire - blowing about 45/50 but gusting up to 80mph expected to reach 90mph plus later today! Schools shut for the day etc.

First bit of my fence has broken already!! Had to support the rest with wooden planks and ladders push up against it!

Just done my good deed for the day however - was out getting my tyre fixed at the local garage. Old couple trying to walk in the wind opposite the garage and both got blown over - Old dear has a really bad burst nose and huge cut above her eye.

Got her into the garage and patched her up with first aid kit from garage, called an ambulance and they took her away for check up. Crazy that the 86 year old couple out battling these winds in.

Nice old couple and very thankful for my help!!

Not sure of the speed of the winds here but stepped out the car this morning in the car park and nearly got blown over!

we were getting hammered this morning in Aberdeen, high winds and heavy rain. Now its blue skys and sunshine with a light breeze :confused:

Crazy winds at the moment in South Ayrshire - blowing about 45/50 but gusting up to 80mph expected to reach 90mph plus later today! Schools shut for the day etc.

First bit of my fence has broken already!! Had to support the rest with wooden planks and ladders push up against it!

Just done my good deed for the day however - was out getting my tyre fixed at the local garage. Old couple trying to walk in the wind opposite the garage and both got blown over - Old dear has a really bad burst nose and huge cut above her eye.

Got her into the garage and patched her up with first aid kit from garage, called an ambulance and they took her away for check up. Crazy that the 86 year old couple out battling these winds in.

Nice old couple and very thankful for my help!!

Well done :thumbsup:

Not as bad through the east in Edinburgh just now but it's definitely getting stronger.

Love the fact that #hurricanebawbag is trending on Twitter just now :D

A friend has obviously seen the weather forecast as he keeps texting me from Lanzarote telling me how nice the weather is at the moment

A friend has obviously seen the weather forecast as he keeps texting me from Lanzarote telling me how nice the weather is at the moment

The other day I had my cousin in Pakistan tell me it's cold. It was 12 degrees over there!

Getting a bit silly down at Clydeside in Glasgow.

we were getting hammered this morning in Aberdeen, high winds and heavy rain. Now its blue skys and sunshine with a light breeze :confused:

less than an hour later and its back to high winds and heavy rain :laugh:

we must have been in the eye of the storm or something before? :confused:

In the West end of Glasgow and it really is a bit windy, nice wee bit of hail thrown into the mix.

Supposed to get worse through the afternoon. Not really looking forward to that.

Christmas lights have taken a pounding in the City center here:

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 394
I'm off work today so haven't ventured out yet, but the noise of the wind earlier was incredible. It's supposed to be bad tonight and tomorrow as well.

Hope the Christmas tree I get later doesn't blow out of the trailer!!

165mph Cairngorm Summit and 130mph outside Fort William. Getting really scary outside my work now.

A fence panel has gone and it looks like the wooden post has snapped under ground. Had a go at a quick fix but it was like something out of a comedy sketch me trying to hold the panel in the wind so gave up. A job for tomorrow if there's anything left

Pretty windy here out in East London - about 60m up - can really hear the wind going, and have a good view of the trouble below :)

Concrete posts :thumbsup:
I know, i'm daft. I went for the easy option and even after the last gales when a post went I still didn't change it.

Last edited:
It's all very confusing here.
BBC website says wind is currently 29mph, rising to 34mph tonight.
But Christmas Lights down in the city and the wife says it's "a hurricane" outside the house.

:facepalm:

Hope it blows itself out before the weekend or I'll be hitting the golf ball 5 yards or 3 miles :D

It's all very confusing here.
BBC website says wind is currently 29mph, rising to 34mph tonight.
But Christmas Lights down in the city and the wife says it's "a hurricane" outside the house.

They will be average wind speeds rather than gust speeds.

Wind doesn't half make some noise when it gets going.

not with my superdry moody bomber jacket- check out the collar on this bad boy

attachment.php

yyeeaahh- so when the wind starts blowing- i go turtle mode on its ass and tuck my head away! LOL

On a more serios note, the winds dont appear to be that bad in South Oxfordshire today... They were pretty strong last night though

Attachments

• superdry-bank-jackets-moody-bomber-jacket.jpg
    superdry-bank-jackets-moody-bomber-jacket.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Wind doesn't half make some noise when it gets going.

It freaks me out, to be honest.
Ever since I lost a roof to high winds about 20 years ago, I keep thinking it's going to happen again.:(
Earplugs tonight.

In Essex and can hear the wind making an awful noise outside, can only imagine what it must be like in Scotland at the moment.

My husband leaves work in just over an hour and I know it might seem sad to some but I always worry about him driving in bad weather, especially with some of the nutters who drive on the A13

Not Scotlands levels but it's really windy here in clacton,then again im by the sea and its always bloody windy :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom