Anyone else find the Pio 428 remote control sluggish?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by psychopomp1, Jan 23, 2008.

1. psychopomp1

psychopomp1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +413
    Hi

Had the Pioneer 428XD for over a month now and really pleased with it. But whilst operating the telly (using internal freeview tuner) with its remote, i find its a bit sluggish....especially when changing channels. When i mean sluggish, i mean compared to my old Sony CRT telly its SLOW. i have tried changing the remote's batteries and also pointing the remote at the telly at diffrent angles/distances but its not made any difference. Therefore is it fair to assume all plasmas/lcds are a bit sluggish to operate (using their own remote) when compared to top end CRT tellys?

On a different note, i will be getting Sky HD soon....will the Sky HD box remote be more responsive than Pio's own?

Thanks in advance:)

2. Scrutinizer

Scrutinizer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    I have not noticed that, but it works best if you point it towards the right side of the screen, at least on a 508XD.

3. iang27

iang27
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I just got my 428XD 2 days ago and I 'thought' that my remote was faulty !

It does work a little better if you point it to the right side of the screen but even then at times it appears that it will not work especially so when in the setup menus, are they all like this ?

Also has anyone got the remote to work with Sky+ or PS3 ?

I tried the 007 Sky code and it will not work.

4. Dave964

Dave964

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    If your having problems like that, I would think it must be the remote side. I've never used my 428 remote - but I can point my 990 pretty much anywhere and the TV works fine.

5. nomadd

nomadd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Yep, it's not the fastest switcher. Mind you, some of that is just the TV switching the channel using the internal decoder, rather than the remote itself. You just "feel" that it's the remote as that's you interface with the TV.

As other posters have pointed out, it's also pretty sensitive to direction, and wont really work unless it's aligned pretty closely with the IR receiver on the front of the set.

Still, it's not too slow. You'll get used to it. Oh, and the other Plasma/LCD/external Freeview decoders that I've used aren't any quicker. Still, I wouldn't want to go back to analogue and CRT just to get faster channel hopping. :)

Nomadd