anyone else experiencing orange 3g signal problems!

Simba

Distinguished Member
hi all
so far in 2 locations iv been experiencing poor to non existent3g signal on orange. noticed this at aberdeen and glasgow where I previously had a solid constant 3g signal. getting annoying having to use gsm and edge instead.

anyone else facing problems?

dannyboy270

Standard Member
Hi,

I've been an Orange 3g user for several months and recently I haven't been able to connect to the 3g network at all. I've tried in a variety of London locations but Orange keep telling me it's due to poor signal, having tried in so many places I'm beginning to think they're telling me porkies. If you've managed to sort yours out can you let me know?

Thanks

Simba

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I've been an Orange 3g user for several months and recently I haven't been able to connect to the 3g network at all. I've tried in a variety of London locations but Orange keep telling me it's due to poor signal, having tried in so many places I'm beginning to think they're telling me porkies. If you've managed to sort yours out can you let me know?

Thanks

i came back on holiday on sunday and now i have noticed i am getting an HSPDA signal instead of the 3g signal. it seems the upgrades orange carried out to their networks have had significant improvent.

i remember when i was in central london i got HSDPA there and it was brilliantly fast.

also the radio version im using is .08 - what version are you using?

b830ag2

Standard Member
Hi,

I've had an Orange Sim for about 2 weeks now. I transferred from O2 pay monthly (after contract expired) in order to check out the Orange signal where I live and give me a bit more time to choose my next contract.

I have noticed over this time that I don't seem to be able to get a 3G signal at all! I used to get it fairly easily at home on O2, I have a K800i which displays a 3G symbol when receiving a 3G signal. Anyway, I've never had that at home or at work with Orange and the network coverage tool shows that the 3G signal is strong in both of these areas.

I called Orange Customer Services to pose them the question and initially they said I only had a 2G Sim card! They then transferred me to Sales where they said they would sort me out with a 3G card. Anyway, the woman's system went down and she took my number to call me back. Never happened. So I called them back after 3 hours and explained the probalem again. This time the guy in Sales said that they only now send out 3G Sim cards, so the one I've got must be a 3G version. Hmmmm....this doesn't explain why I can't get a 3G signal though!

On another forum, dated back in June 08 though (so might be out of date), some guy reckoned that Orange Sim cards came in two colours, the orange Orange one was a 2G card, and teh blue/green Orange card was a 3G Sim card. Lo and behold my Sim card is an orange one. Whether this info is out of date now though I am not sure, so they may ALL be orange now...

Another point, re: the above. What's the difference between 3G and HDSPA? How do you know you're getting HDSPA and not 3G?

Cheers,
Andy.

Simba

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I've had an Orange Sim for about 2 weeks now. I transferred from O2 pay monthly (after contract expired) in order to check out the Orange signal where I live and give me a bit more time to choose my next contract.

I have noticed over this time that I don't seem to be able to get a 3G signal at all! I used to get it fairly easily at home on O2, I have a K800i which displays a 3G symbol when receiving a 3G signal. Anyway, I've never had that at home or at work with Orange and the network coverage tool shows that the 3G signal is strong in both of these areas.

I called Orange Customer Services to pose them the question and initially they said I only had a 2G Sim card! They then transferred me to Sales where they said they would sort me out with a 3G card. Anyway, the woman's system went down and she took my number to call me back. Never happened. So I called them back after 3 hours and explained the probalem again. This time the guy in Sales said that they only now send out 3G Sim cards, so the one I've got must be a 3G version. Hmmmm....this doesn't explain why I can't get a 3G signal though!

On another forum, dated back in June 08 though (so might be out of date), some guy reckoned that Orange Sim cards came in two colours, the orange Orange one was a 2G card, and teh blue/green Orange card was a 3G Sim card. Lo and behold my Sim card is an orange one. Whether this info is out of date now though I am not sure, so they may ALL be orange now...

Another point, re: the above. What's the difference between 3G and HDSPA? How do you know you're getting HDSPA and not 3G?

Cheers,
Andy.

ah sorry i firstly thought you were using the touch diamond phone same as me which i can now assume your not so ignore the stuff i said about the radio version.

i dont think the sim card colour makes a difference. i remember having an orangey colour one ages ago and that supported 3g.

so basically on o2 you got a 3g signal on your k800i but on orange you dont. its odd. maybe double check the network settings to make sure its set to 3g. apart from that i think trying to get some decent info from orange is your best bet.....

hspda stands for High-Speed Packet Access - it allows for faster connections than 3G. Your phone has to support it though.

the strange thing that iv noticed in the past day is that yesterday i was getting an hspda signal and todays its back to just 3g....how odd!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom