Anyone else done the VM HD Survey?

Badger0-0

Had a mail offering a survey to fill in this morning .
Basically asking which channels I'd be interested in, but more importantly asking if I'd be willing to pay an extra £3-5 a month for sports HD channels, the same for HD movies and the same for some other combination.

Seems pretty obvious we aren't going to get them for free, which is no surprise, I suppose.

Sports and movies for me, but I don't know about the rest, especially as they seem to be mostly upscaled.

Here's the link I had, for anyone who wants to look, but I'm not sure if it'll work, as I suspect it'll be specific to the email;

http://survey.confirmit.com/wix2/p1027130194.aspx

lee667

Had a mail offering a survey to fill in this morning .
Basically asking which channels I'd be interested in, but more importantly asking if I'd be willing to pay an extra £3-5 a month for sports HD channels, the same for HD movies and the same for some other combination.

Seems pretty obvious we aren't going to get them for free, which is no surprise, I suppose.

Sports and movies for me, but I don't know about the rest, especially as they seem to be mostly upscaled.

Here's the link I had, for anyone who wants to look, but I'm not sure if it'll work, as I suspect it'll be specific to the email;

http://survey.confirmit.com/wix2/p1027130194.aspx
link doesn't work. from what you've put, it gives the impression that if, for example, you had sports and movies that you would pay 2 lots extra for hd? or would it just be 1 charge?

Badger0-0

You have it right.
It asked if I'd like to watch a load of the crappier channels (food, arts etc) in HD.
Any I said I might like, it put in a group of about 6 (from memory) and offered those, with another 5 as one group for £3-5 a month.

Then the sports channels (SS1,2 and 3) for an extra £3-5 and likewise the movies.

So to have the lot suggests £9-15 a month extra :eek:

I'm not so keen now.

Hmm, I'd probably run to a fiver for Movies and sports, I suppose.

I think the most important thing is, it would seem the channels we all want are actually coming.

mike7

Distinguished Member
I've completed this survey as well. I wonder at what stage VM are in negotiating with Sky for their Movie, Arts and Sport HD channels. I'm not sure how the the vague '£3-£5' price tag for every service compares with what Sky viewers are being charged. £3 a month for Sky Hd movies sounds like a good deal when compared with the outrageous prices of the current pay-per-view. I don't think the survey makes any distiction what tarrif you are on. Of course you would have be paying £5 a month for the V+ before you pay any additional tarrifs.

I think we all know that a number of so-called HD channels, like Sky1HD and SkyArtsHD only have limited amounts of HD material. There seems little point in paying a premium for half a service.

If any of this does come to pass I can see them introducing more complex 'deals' to rake in new customers which only serve to upset long term customers, like myself, who are locked into contracts the details of which we know very little about. I'll wait and see.

lee667

I haven't got sky, but I don't know if the £9.75 or whatever it is a month for their HD includes sports and movies, should you have those packages, or if it is extra for them

dante01

Distinguished Member
I haven't got sky, but I don't know if the £9.75 or whatever it is a month for their HD includes sports and movies, should you have those packages, or if it is extra for them

The sports and movies packages are additional extras. The channels you receive with the HD Pack depend on your Sky TV package. If you have the standard definition Sky Sports or Sky Movies channel in your package you will receive the high definition version of that channel if available in the HD Pack. Movies and Sports HD channels depend on your Sky TV package and the Sports and Movies packages are additional extras not include with the purchase of SKY HD.

Valkirk

Novice Member
Sky movies in HD costs £26 (£16 for the movies and £10 for the HD pack)

Sports in HD costs £28 (£18 for sports and £10 for the HD pack)

To get both costs £35 - expensive no matter how you look at it.

lee667

The sports and movies packages are additional extras. The channels you receive with the HD Pack depend on your Sky TV package. If you have the standard definition Sky Sports or Sky Movies channel in your package you will receive the high definition version of that channel if available in the HD Pack. Movies and Sports HD channels depend on your Sky TV package and the Sports and Movies packages are additional extras not include with the purchase of SKY HD.
I know they are extra, but didn't know if the £9.75 a month for HD covered them or just the channels on the normal tv.

Badger0-0

Yes that link does work :smashin:

But, er, is there any decent sport on Eurosport? I've not seen any :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom