Anyone else done the DIY component lead?

KlaatuNinja

Novice Member
Did this last night. Totally works.

The hardest part is bending the paper clips so you get good contact.

The improvement in picture is not huge in Zelda though. I think its cause Zelda is kind of soft focused on purpose.

Wii sports looks very sharp but Zelda still looks soft. I think it may be a sort of antialiasing, like they did on the gamecube.

Definitely looks better though. I'll wait till the cables are not over priced on e-bay before I buy one.

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
i gave it a try but the picture was all speckly and not stable, so gave up in the end as not to break it

KlaatuNinja

Novice Member
i gave it a try but the picture was all speckly and not stable, so gave up in the end as not to break it
My picture is rock solid. buy some crocodile clips as they suggest.

If your just trying to wrap the bare wire around the paperclips you will not get a good connection.

Also, make sure you have the 8 & 10 pins properly bridged befor you move on.

Then connect the Y to pin 7 and the picture should have some colour.

The last two go in pin 9 & pin 11.

The last thing is to remember to link all the grounds (the shielding from the three phono connectors) and attach that to the ground from the original composite cable (the black shielded one)

Took me about 3/4 of an hour last night but I took my time and was really carefull. (It's kind of like the old 'Operation' game, "don't touch the sides" LOL!!)

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
thanks for the tips, but yea i tried croc clips but still got a poor picture. besides from what i hear official cables will be available on friday :thumbsup:

moofie

I didn't have any crocodile clips around so I soldered wires to the paperclips. The signal is definately much clearer but aliasing in games is made clearer too.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom