Anyone else annoyed with the UK Store?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by musti, May 4, 2007.

1. musti

musti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I'm really dissapionted in the content, or lack of, in the UK store. Other terratories seem to get a much better deal.. I realise i can create a US account etc and get on there if i want to, but its just the principle of the thing...

Why do we always get the s$%t end of the stick???

2. Phill_1981

Phill_1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
  3. riprse

riprse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    i dont even bother looking at it anymore. :thumbsdow

4. po_man

po_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    It's funny ... i was just thinking; 'I'll quickly check the forums to see if any new content had appeared or is due ...' and i've just seen this thread!!

I couldn't agree more with your comments. It's a total joke the JPN/HK/US stores get there content updated (or so it seems) a lot more regular than us 'shafted' european folk once again! :mad:

I know most people here will say, 'just sign up for another US/JPN account' but as you say jonathan, it's the principle of it! Why should we have to do that?!? How hard can it possible be to simultaneously add downloadable content across all regions? Even if it isn't simultaneous, then at least within a week of each other?
    By all accounts, the HK/JPN store has had Everybodys Golf since March? Why the hell hasn't it appeared on the UK Store yet?

5. hutch

hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,224
    All the other stores have been garbage for months and months and months before the European release of the PS3, its only lately that they have started to be updated with decent content.

Im sure the UK store will start picking up shortly :)

6. allfallsdown

allfallsdown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yes it is a bit weak, lackluster of content and when there is something new its not that good anyway.
    If they want the PS store to be popular they want to be adding more than just demo's and video's, try music and themes and tv programs could be added too.
    But here's to hoping

7. rbj

rbj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    You would think company's would be fighting to get their game demos on there ?!

8. beowulf

beowulf
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    it IS weird how barren it seems

where's the everybody's golf demo for example ??

9. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I could never buy the 'well it's new' argument... it's a website, not a million dollar construction project. Lots of stuff could just be copied verbatim without any changes.

10. Marshallw

Marshallw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I genuinely don't understand what possible reason Sony have for not putting more content up there?

The UK has always been a strong market for Sony and as Tony mentioned how hard is it to mirror some of the other content.

All they are doing making people loose interest in the UK store and that can't be part of any strategy, long or short term.

11. winstano

winstano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    It's just fuelling arguments against buying a PS3 at the moment as well... We've had to wait for bloody ages for the console to be released in Europe, and when it is, we get a crippled store?! The last time I went on there was a couple of weeks ago, and then I only downloaded the GTAIV trailer, which I have on my computer...

Sony need to sort this out pronto... Get the UK/EU stores up to scratch with the US/JPN stores! I personally don't want to set up a US/JPN account, I want everything to be streamlined, which I thought the PS3 would do from the off... But no.

12. lfc1394

lfc1394

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    It is a pretty poor showing on Sony's behalf. There's no excuses really, to be honest I think only the Jap store is half decent with it's offerings and even that should be better. The whole reason for giving away 007 movie was to get people to log in to PSN, which I'm gussing, they thought would lead people into the store and parting with their cash. Well i've got cash I'd like to part with yet there is nothing all to buy!!:thumbsdow

13. grey fox

grey fox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    I think that the delay in getting content up on the European store is down to the need to include translations for the major languages of Europe, which has nearly always been the reason why there is a gap between games being released in the States and over here.

14. pprovart

pprovart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think the lanuguage excuse is a very poor one as well. Although Sony may feel an obligation to release with multiple languages, its widely recognised that English is used alot and thus they would gain more by releasing in English and phasing in other languages as the work is done.

that way they keep the "perception" of being uptodate.

15. echelon

echelon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    yeh it is very poor - US has already got Mortal Kombat II, now they're getting Gaunlet! We haven't got any new games in aaages.

I assume they're doing this to force us into buying Go Sudoku and other crap stuff like Gripshift.

16. Fen Star

Fen Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +606
    I have to agree it is rather Pants....:thumbsdow

17. TwoJs

TwoJs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,980
    what I dont get is people from sony uk (or whatever region) must read these threads,so why dont they comment and at least chat to us gamers (who are lining there fat greasy pockets) about all things Playstation and give us answers !!

18. Master Yoda

Master Yoda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I'm annoyed not only by lack of content, but mainly with the extortionate payment system...

I bought loads of games from there before and paid only the exact amount for what I ordered... but now the system isn't letting me do that and I have to "add funds" to my account over and above what I'm buying... Are they having a laugh??? This is more like a scam...

I was going to buy blast factor, but have now changed my mind...

I refuse to give them more money than what I'm actually paying for - it is not a bank account - if you multiply the hundreds of thousands of people who are using the PS store and factor this into their overcharging process, they are making a fortune using this credit system.

19. reddevil63

reddevil63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    More bad news:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=76025

Lools like UK PS3 gamers get another kick in the teeth.

But don't be dis-heartened, the same happens for UK 360 gamers with the marketplace and also remember that the marketplace was even more rubbish when the 360 got released here. Yes there is more stuff now ie Arcade but the US get full movies and shows to download in HD.

Best thing is just wait and see what happens with the Store, am sure more stuff will be added, whether its quality stuff is another matter.

Whats annoying is we are a major gaming country and get treated like s**t when it comes to console gaming.

You would think that selling 800,000 PS3 units so far in Europe would make Sony wake up and realise Europe is a dominant force in the gaming world.

20. russd1978

russd1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    When I bought my PS3, I thought the store would have all the games demos on the PSN Store.

Naive Russ!

21. supahoops

supahoops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I agree the store is crap and doesnt exactly help attract more customers of which there are prob. quite a few for the low priced games etc.

Was i dreaming when i read that it gets updated regularly every Thursday ??

:(

22. onkeh

onkeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +369
    I guess it's because they have to do everything that hits in Europe in 5 different languages.

23. bladesew

bladesew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Given that they're probably going to be £5 each it's cheaper to buy PS1 games on ebay to play on your ps3 - then you can at least have the box and instructions and can sell the thing on. If you can cope with a little bit of hassle you can even play them on your PSP.

24. jonboy99

jonboy99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone found a way of adding funds to a US account when you've only got a UK credit card?
    When I try and add the card, I can only select a US address for it (because it's all done using drop down lists on the address entry screen), when the card is obviously a UK one - because I can't use the correct address details it won't accept the card.

Any work arounds? - I want wipeout and crash bandicoot, and they're both on the US store! :mad:

25. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Mastercards are still supposed to work. you also need to add the funds in very small amounts, $5-10 at a time.

26. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Other languages in europe have their own stores, and they don't all have the same content.. so that excuse doesn't work. Especially since for some things it's irrelevant eg. the LittleBigPlanet video (a) It doesn't need translating anyway, (b) Sony own the copyrights, (c) it's already all over the net. Also some things eg. Ninga Gaiden demo were released simultaneously in Japan and the US.. no language problems there...

I get the impression the only reason our store updates once a week is because they said they were going to do it. They do the absolute minimum to fulfil that promise without actually updating in any meaningful way.

27. stoomc

stoomc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +485
    I must say that the "updates" to the store this week have been the worst I have seen so far! A genji costume and a trailer of a replay of the Nissan on the same track we have all been going round and round on for weeks! Geez! Rant over...:)

28. bsimmer3000

bsimmer3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Well i have to admit i am also ****** off with the state of the stores in UK,US and Japan. Ok the US and JP stores are better than UK but even then they still have sod all compared to what they could have. Sony really arnt helping there self with holding back on content for the store. I also think it's cheeky that they even charge for the PS1 games at all. its not like they have been updated to run in 720/1080p which then they might be worth $5 max. Like someone said they are doing as least as possible at the moment and trying to make a quick few million $ by trying to sell us old titles for silly money. Come on Sony this aint funny anymore. I have the worlds most powerful games console and i dont want to be playing PS1 games, Lemmings and sudoku on it! get a f****** grip on what your ment to be supplying us:lease: .
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

29. quidditys_shore

quidditys_shore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    i personnaly won't mind paying for PS1 games, when we get them! Even at about £5 i think it'll be a bargin especially as you'll be about to play them on your PS3 & PSP, with wifi multiplayer as well!
    compare it to the wii..... nes games £3.50, snes/megadrive £5.60 and n64 £7!!! WAY over priced! i got the missus 2000 points on launch day and she's yet to spend them!

30. Southernguy

Southernguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have to say that i'm enjoying my ps3 but the store is now pi**ing me off every week now. The Jap/US sites have more content and i don't believe for a second it's because they have had the ps3 for longer. With us having such a delay should have meant a flood of good downloads since they've had longer to prepare...

Anyone got a good contact address for sony playstation store? I'd like some feedback from them...