1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone do a DPC on an HS20

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by KraGorn, Nov 10, 2003.

1. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'll never buy an LCD withone a DPC but so far I've failed to find someone selling HS20s that will do one. :(

Anoyone come across such as retailer??

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd suggest waiting for some of the more reputable dealers to stock it, Nexnix, Discount Electrical, AV-Sales etc..

3. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Please don't take this as being opportunistic (spelling!) but those sony dealers who designated this model on their second half stocking plan will be getting these delivered this week along with HS3's - However looking at the stock situation, this may be the last for a while. Please let me once again emphasise that this will apply to all dealers partaking in the stocking plan not just us, probably all the ususal suspects doing DP Checks.

It will be very interesting to get a 10 and a 20 side by side and really start hopefully seeing those paper improvements actually on screen!

my old ae100 is starting to look like it may have to find a new home!

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sorry Ben, you lost me .. "second half stocking plan"?

I did check your site but no mention of the HS20, so I presumed you weren't going to stock it .. I've been told it's on 5-7 day delviery from Sony .. me confused. Are HS20s in short supply?

:confused:

I would have been interested in the end-of-line HS10s but their reliability seems aweful with respect to the lamp 'issue' ... I see mention of this on here, over at AVS, too many times to be interested in it.

My pretty new AE300 is also possibly going to a new home. ;)

5. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi

Can someone breifly explain how a DPC is done. Ie. by eye or a software disc!?

Thanks

S.

6. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The second half stocking plan basically means 'preordering' 1 or 2 units of stock of almost everything sony do for demonstration over the winter season in about July or August, this means in reality you get a few units from the very first shipment (no-one puts them on dem!)

As for 5-7 days i doubt it highly - more like 5-7 weeks with sony, they have a stock control computer system in dealers with stock availability and lead times but this bears absolutely no relationship to reality!

I would expect HS20's to be very short indeed - but I could be (and have been on occasions) very wrong!

We will see!

7. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Ah right, gotcha "second half" of the year .. should've realised. :)

Bemused about the delivery situation as you describe it ... AVLAND yold me 5-7 by e-mail, HomeCinemaHeaven say on their web site:

though I suppose you could say currently it isn't 'usual'.

Wonder if Kramer's comment applies ... IYSWIM ;).