Anyone considering Plasma, check these pics out.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Mindvox, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Mindvox

Mindvox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Taken some more pictures of my Plasma running movies and games. So, if anyone here is still visiting for some info on Plasma or is perhaps debating within themselves whether or not to go for a Plasma, then these pictures might just go a long way to helping you make that final decision.

Enjoy. :smashin:

MOVIES:

[​IMG]

RoboCop - Criterion Edition.

SKY SPORTS:

[​IMG]

Chelsea vs Real Betis, just after Crespo had added The Blues fourth on the night.

[​IMG]

A report on Revista de La Liga.

GAMES:

[​IMG]

Tekken 5.

[​IMG]

Gran Turismo 4.

[​IMG]

Gran Turismo 4.

[​IMG]

Burnout Revenge.

2. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Looking at these my final decision would be NOT to buy a plasma...kidding... :thumbsup: ...it should really look better than in your pictures, 'cause I've seen this LG running and it really looks better than this via proper connections...how do you have the sources connected...how did you take the pictures???

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    I think thats the problem with photos (too many variables), they never look as good as the real thing.....to be honest they look full of noise and there is a strange effect on most of them particularly on the robocop and chelsea shots

4. Mindvox

Mindvox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The pictures were taken using a Sony Ericsson k750i with the flash on. It's also well known that unless using a dedicated digital camera, taking photo's of TV screens can be tricky and the outcome is less than realistic.

As Kalos said, running in front of you, the real picture quality is phenominal.

As for connections, my Denon 2900 is connected via IXOS component, Sky and PS2 via scart into a AV1 RGB socket.

5. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I'd suggest a camera stand, although the screen should be bright enough for the light to be metered by the camera at about conventional aperture and exposure settings...also static scenes should be chosen for shooting because motion blur can make it look defocused...and please don't use the flash, it may be the cause of all the trouble...footie looks the best though!!! :D

6. Mindvox

Mindvox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been watching Batman Begins, Revenge of the Sith, and Kingdom of Heaven since changing the DVD connection from RGB scart to component, and the step up in quality is amazing.

I'll definitely be using component to connect my 360 when it's released. :smashin:

7. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hell, this set sells at a promotional price of GBP1000 over here...damn, I'm not ready to buy it...

8. Mindvox

Mindvox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This LG cost me £1399. :smashin: :rolleyes:

9. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm sure it is great, just that a mobile phone piccy isn't the way to convince people which i assume is what you were trying to do.

10. Mindvox

Mindvox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, true.

But considering it's the best mobile phone camera on the market with a 2 megapixel camera, it's all I have and I'm not spending money on a digital camera. :D