1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone compared P+ vs Prog Scan

Discussion in 'TVs' started by yatesd, Sep 20, 2002.

1. yatesd

yatesd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Hoping someone can help me, I am trying to decide which CRT to go for.

I have a Prog Scan DVD player (NTSC and PAL) and am teampted by the Tosh 32/36 ZD 26P ( I know only NTSC Prog Scan) but I can also get Philips TV's cheaply (work for a subsid of them), so am also looking at P+ 9527.

Question is has anyone been able to compare a Prog Scan on Tosh vs same DVD played with P+ on any Philips.

If so how much better is the Tosh. On the same note anyone care to make a comment on how much better the P+ is on PAL DVD's vs non Prog Scan Tosh.

I hope that makes sense, I want to do the same comparison myself but is proving to be difficult to set up at the minute.

Any comments and thoughts really gratefully received especially if anyone might know of a good PAL and NTSC Prog Scan TV on the horizon.

Thanks,

Dave.

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
  3. yatesd

yatesd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks JJ,

I had heard about the Panny one but to be honest was warned off it by one person and found only one review which gave it a bit of a pasting.

If anyone has any other positivre reviews then would like to see them as have had Panasonic in the past and been impressed with reliability and pictue quality.

4. bigfatlad

bigfatlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi yatesd,

I have never tried/witnessed progressive scan in action on either ntsc or pal.
    I have had a Tosh 32zp18 and a philips 36pw9607 tho, and I have to say i have never seen a PAL DVD look as good as it does on the P+.

The P+ has some image artefacting, but i personaly think they are more bareable than the tosh 'digital distortion curtain' effect, and the lighter side of the tube. (zp18b)

5. yatesd

yatesd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any more thoughts people as I can see bonus points in both TV's and need something to help me sway teh decision.

Thanks,

Dave.