1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone compared Mission 782 vs. 783? And also KEF Q series?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Izzet, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Izzet

Izzet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    Has any one of you compared the Mission 782s with the 783s?
    I did a 1-to-1 comparison and found the 782s much more pleasant, open-sounding and dynamic than the 783s. The only superiority of the 783s was that the bass was much deeper and powerful. But they lack the coherency and the mids sound very detached from the bass.

The reason why I'm asking this is the people at the distributor insisted that the 783s were the better buy.
    Also I was very surprised to find such a vast difference between two speakers from the same range of the same manufacturer.
    :confused:

Anyone's had a similar or opposite experience (liked 783s better than the 782s)?

The second part of my question is, can you describe me how the KEFs sound (the new Q series, Q5 and/or Q7). Especially compared to the Mission 782. There is no place nearby that I can demo the KEF speakers.

Which one would be better sounding Mission or KEF?
    I really would like to buy coherent and dynamic sounding speakers, with a good fun factor.

Thanks for your help.

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Cant really comment on the KEF's as I bought my 782's a while ago.

I agree on the 783/782 issues. I also listened to both and chose the 782 in favour of its sound. Less overblown for me, especially as my listening room isnt huge.

I think What HiFi recently reviewed floortsanders (a month or two ago) which may have inlcuded the Kef's, but the 782's won even after all this time...

HTH ;)

JJ