Anyone comment on the Sennheiser HD599 headphones?

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the Amazon version of these are £89 today and wondered if people have opinions of them?

I am in need of a pair of headphones for use in the bedroom for when I can't sleep. I find that listening via headphones can help me get to sleep sometimes. I already have a couple of pairs of headphones but the Momentum wired headphones would probably be too uncomfortable and the other pair is permanently connected to my synths.

I was going to buy a cheap pair of headphones but looking at these, I think they are cheap enough for this use with the added benefit of them hopefully being better than cheaper headphones.

I've read user reviews and I thinking that their relaxed presentation would suit my needs? I'm not craving huge amounts of bass or a forward/exciting/punchy sound.

These are open back, so not really suitable if you have someone next to you trying to sleep.

These are open back, so not really suitable if you have someone next to you trying to sleep.

Thanks. I should have mentioned that them being open back isn't an issue 🙂

I would say buy a pair and give them a try. Purchased a pair of HD 599SE a little while ago from Amazon for about the same price and in my opinion are very good and easy to drive.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom