1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone changed from good quality traditional 5.1 speakers to Anthony Gallo sub/sat?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Jasonjo, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hi,

As per the title really. I am looking at changing my speaker setup soon in order to get a bit more space and move away from floorstanders. Ideally, I still want something pretty good sub/sat wise and have hence been looking at the Anthony Gallo range, specifically the A'divas.

Is moving from a full Mission 78 5.1 setup and moving to Anthony Gallow 5.1 A'Diva setup as bad idea? Has anyone else changed from a traditional speaker setup to AG? The mission setup is worth about £1400 excluding the sub (which is a REL-Q150) and sounds pretty good at present.

My movie/music ratio is about 80/20, but still want music to be quite listenable.

Any thoughts or specific opinions?

Cheers

JJ

2. TallPaul

TallPaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    OK, I have not got a direct answer to your question! :eek:

BUT! I do have a friend with the AG package, and I thought in the lack of other replies you might like an opinion ;) I have this opinion as I also have a friend with the Mission package...

The AG is pretty good IMHO, certainly for music it is very clear, and movie soundtracks are pretty detailed and can carry huge impact. The sub is very very good, and I don't think you would be disapointed. The system though, like most small speaker/sub setups I have heard seems to lack the same neutral span of the frequency range at high volumes. I guess at the end of the day it depends on how loud you like things, as there is no substitute for surface area when moving air, and the missions have more drivers (assuming you have floor standers for the fronts from the price you quote) than the AG's.

It depends on your listening style, your wife/gf/spouse's volume tolerance, and how badly you want the space back I suppose as to which is right for you! Can you give the AG a listen somewhere to compare it with what you have?

Paul.

3. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Thanks for the feedback Paul...I have a demo of the AG's booked...

JJ