Anyone can offer better deals on BT Infinty ?

WorldUK

Ex Member
Reaction score
Looking to dump sky next month (only 3-3,5mb) and thats slow.

So only one who offers better is infinity, but it would rake up my monthly bill about 17.75£ to 39.60£.

Anyone working for BT mybe can offer better deal? :)

With Sky also and only kicking out 3mb max. Been looking at this for a while but don't know whether to bite the bullet.

Bit confused how I can get BT Affinity but not Virgin TV though?

I read on sky's website that in April they are releasing their 40mb optical broadband service

Coxy82 said:
With Sky also and only kicking out 3mb max. Been looking at this for a while but don't know whether to bite the bullet.

Bit confused how I can get BT Affinity but not Virgin TV though?

Virgin is a completely different infrastructure, its much better quality, faster and fibre throughout but to a fraction of the properties. They wont pipe their TV down bt lines, it just wouldn't cope with that much traffic

Plusnet offer fibre through the bt wholesale lines, there's a usage cap but in seriously considering it

I have had Plusnet FTTC fibre for a few months now. I have gone from a maximum ADSL speed of less than 1mb to 37mb on a good day. Normally its 30mb to 34mb.

The 40GB usage cap only applies to downloads in peak times. So if you download loads of TV/Films then just schedule it for after midnight.

I was on Sky getting 2.5MB at best, upgraded to BT Infinity and now get 45MB + with no drop outs, etc.

Really pleased I changed broadband suppliers.

ssuellid said:
I have had Plusnet FTTC fibre for a few months now. I have gone from a maximum ADSL speed of less than 1mb to 37mb on a good day. Normally its 30mb to 34mb.

The 40GB usage cap only applies to downloads in peak times. So if you download loads of TV/Films then just schedule it for after midnight.
If I take the plunge I'll opt for the 120gb cap pack so there's no concerns, planning on using lovefilm and a lot more iplayer and vod once we have the bandwidth. The other trouble I'm having is finding out if its actually available, we are right on the exchange boundary and no one can reliably tell me where the line actually goes because its from sky, even the bt wholesale checker says our exchange isn't fibre enabled but there is a fibre service??? Its got very confusing and don't fancy a plusnet engineer coming out to say no and leave us with no internet

phil5366 said:
I was on Sky getting 2.5MB at best, upgraded to BT Infinity and now get 45MB + with no drop outs, etc.

Really pleased I changed broadband suppliers.

That's impossible on bt's 40mb service unless you can get the new 100mb line, I have infinity and connected at 40mb I use Ssl for all traffic thou which stops any form of traffic management

Lee

rainmaker20 said:
I read on sky's website that in April they are releasing their 40mb optical broadband service

Where did you read that could you post a link up please

Where did you read that could you post a link up please

I had a call from Sky on friday saying fibre optic broadband was now available in my area for the costly price of £20 per month :eek:

I have the full Sky package and this was the best they can offer...although that includes free installation by an engineer :laugh:

Went to sky site, and chatted the advisor. He confirmed, that from April sky will start offering fiberoptic broadband, for 20£ a month + line rental, and download speeds up to 40mb and unlimited downloads. Will wait and hope ill get it soon up and running.

If I take the plunge I'll opt for the 120gb cap pack so there's no concerns, planning on using lovefilm and a lot more iplayer and vod once we have the bandwidth. The other trouble I'm having is finding out if its actually available, we are right on the exchange boundary and no one can reliably tell me where the line actually goes because its from sky, even the bt wholesale checker says our exchange isn't fibre enabled but there is a fibre service??? Its got very confusing and don't fancy a plusnet engineer coming out to say no and leave us with no internet

Try this
SamKnows - Broadband Availability Checker
Usually up to date and accurate.
They even knew my new house was in a Virgin Fibre Optic area before the Virgin telephone Monkeys did.!

sirlisterofsmeg said:
Try this
SamKnows - Broadband Availability Checker
Usually up to date and accurate.
They even knew my new house was in a Virgin Fibre Optic area before the Virgin telephone Monkeys did.!

I'd been using samknows,, even they are confused by our address, I think we've sussed it and our line comes from the exchange that isn't switched yet but our postcode falls under one that is, plus net now suddenly says we can't have fibre anymore so now everyone is matching. Looks like I'll have to wait until June to use iptv

Going to get lightstream Installed 100mb down and 10mb up plus unlimited local and national and 0845 0870 and 180 mobiles calls and unlimited downloads between 12am - 6am for 48 pm any good

this is all excellent - looks now I can get fibre optic too... i've been chasing Virgin for a long time, going to research some more I thinks...are there any restrictions on where you can download from?

Got 3months @ £20 & £50.50 back from TopCashBack on top of the £50 Sainsbury voucher so feeling pretty happy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom