Anyone buying Gremlins on blu-ray?

Ewan154

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Is anyone else buying "gremlins" on blu-ray on the 19th? I'm really looking forward to this.

I used to love that film, I wouldn't like to guess at how many times I've seen it. First saw it in 1985 I think, I was 5 years old and I can remember being **** scared when I had to go to bed, made sure I checked under the bed and in the cupboards for gremlins... lol..I don't buy Blu-ray but I'll definitely rent it..Hope the PQ is good and it has some decent extras

Got my order in (comes out a few days before my birthday), but I'm not hopeful due to the postal strikes. Having said that, I heard rumours Amazon might be dropping RM for another carrier so you never know.

According to the news Amazon have said they have an alternative courier in case of a strike.

You bet your sweet butt I've it pre-ordered!

Can't wait for it to fly through my letterbox, Loads of replay value in this gaff :thumbsup:

Just got my US copy today and transfer is bit grainy but still good for an old film.

ive ordered it cant wait:smashin::smashin::smashin:

I'd rather trust my own eyes than that lot.

Precisely. Let's see how many clowns we can fit in a mini = Blu-ray.com

Watching the US version at the moment and this isn't going to win any awards for AV but its still the best its ever looked on home media.

I don't really consider DVDBeaver to be a review site, just a glorified screencap site (he went way overboard with his Gladiator praise). HDD is okay. Best thing to do is read a wide variety of sites and find those where the reviewers have similar tastes to yours.

I don't trust any review site, even this one. Very few individuals would sway my decisions either, but those that do post on this site. I won't name names, but none of them have Dark City or Gladiator in their collection... ;)

Last edited:
I got my order in at Amazon when it first appeared and it looks like they are going to honour the £9.98 price which apparently was a mistake

Anybody knows the specs (Audio and Subtitle) on the UK release? Thanks:)

Odd are it'll be the same as the US release like most Warner catalogue titles.

Anybody knows the specs (Audio and Subtitle) on the UK release? Thanks:)

Warner Brothers
UK
Region free
Rated 15
1Hr 46 Mins
1.85:1
VC-1
Dolby TrueHD 5.1
(Enlglish, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portugese)
Subtitles: Eng, Fra, Dutch, Ita, Spa, Pot, Dan, Swe, Nor)

Audio commentary by Joe Dante, producer Michael Finnell and special effects artist Chris Walas
Audio commentary by Joe Dante, and Phoebe Cates, Zach Galligan, Dick Miller and Howie Mandel
'Gremlins: Behind The Scenes'
Deleted scenes
Photo gallery
Trailers

No sign of movement on mine at Amazon. Still, for £9.69 I'm happy to wait a little bit longer for it.

Warner Brothers
UK
Region free
Rated 15
1Hr 46 Mins
1.85:1
VC-1
Dolby TrueHD 5.1
(Enlglish, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portugese)
Subtitles: Eng, Fra, Dutch, Ita, Spa, Pot, Dan, Swe, Nor)

Audio commentary by Joe Dante, producer Michael Finnell and special effects artist Chris Walas
Audio commentary by Joe Dante, and Phoebe Cates, Zach Galligan, Dick Miller and Howie Mandel
'Gremlins: Behind The Scenes'
Deleted scenes
Photo gallery
Trailers

Nice:) Thanks:thumbsup:

Mine has shipped from HMV, so it should get here before the postal strike kicks in again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom