• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone buying Gremlins on blu-ray?

Ewan154

Established Member
Hi,
Is anyone else buying "gremlins" on blu-ray on the 19th? I'm really looking forward to this.

daveaka

Prominent Member
I used to love that film, I wouldn't like to guess at how many times I've seen it. First saw it in 1985 I think, I was 5 years old and I can remember being **** scared when I had to go to bed, made sure I checked under the bed and in the cupboards for gremlins... lol..I don't buy Blu-ray but I'll definitely rent it..Hope the PQ is good and it has some decent extras

mentasm

Distinguished Member
Got my order in (comes out a few days before my birthday), but I'm not hopeful due to the postal strikes. Having said that, I heard rumours Amazon might be dropping RM for another carrier so you never know.

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
Can't wait for it to fly through my letterbox, Loads of replay value in this gaff :thumbsup:

ive ordered it cant wait:smashin::smashin::smashin:

mentasm

Distinguished Member
I'd rather trust my own eyes than that lot.

shand754

Prominent Member
Watching the US version at the moment and this isn't going to win any awards for AV but its still the best its ever looked on home media.

mentasm

Distinguished Member
I don't really consider DVDBeaver to be a review site, just a glorified screencap site (he went way overboard with his Gladiator praise). HDD is okay. Best thing to do is read a wide variety of sites and find those where the reviewers have similar tastes to yours.

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
I don't trust any review site, even this one. Very few individuals would sway my decisions either, but those that do post on this site. I won't name names, but none of them have Dark City or Gladiator in their collection... ;)

Last edited:

mikegambit

Banned
I got my order in at Amazon when it first appeared and it looks like they are going to honour the £9.98 price which apparently was a mistake

mentasm

Distinguished Member
Odd are it'll be the same as the US release like most Warner catalogue titles.

Anybody knows the specs (Audio and Subtitle) on the UK release? Thanks:)

Warner Brothers
UK
Region free
Rated 15
1Hr 46 Mins
1.85:1
VC-1
Dolby TrueHD 5.1
(Enlglish, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portugese)
Subtitles: Eng, Fra, Dutch, Ita, Spa, Pot, Dan, Swe, Nor)

Audio commentary by Joe Dante, producer Michael Finnell and special effects artist Chris Walas
Audio commentary by Joe Dante, and Phoebe Cates, Zach Galligan, Dick Miller and Howie Mandel
'Gremlins: Behind The Scenes'
Deleted scenes
Photo gallery
Trailers

multix

Established Member
Warner Brothers
UK
Region free
Rated 15
1Hr 46 Mins
1.85:1
VC-1
Dolby TrueHD 5.1
(Enlglish, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portugese)
Subtitles: Eng, Fra, Dutch, Ita, Spa, Pot, Dan, Swe, Nor)

Audio commentary by Joe Dante, producer Michael Finnell and special effects artist Chris Walas
Audio commentary by Joe Dante, and Phoebe Cates, Zach Galligan, Dick Miller and Howie Mandel
'Gremlins: Behind The Scenes'
Deleted scenes
Photo gallery
Trailers

Nice:) Thanks:thumbsup:

mentasm

Distinguished Member
Mine has shipped from HMV, so it should get here before the postal strike kicks in again.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom