Anyone buy at UK online store from Ireland?

nick00ie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Looking to buy the Pioneer 436 XDE.
www.tvandvideodirect.com are selling it with the side speakers and wall mount for 3,700euro(inc delivery £85) to Ireland.

Anyone use them or any other online store.

Regards,
Nick

Not that particular shop, but I've bought a number of items from Richersounds in Belfast & have always found them excellent. I'm hopping from foot to foot at the moment waiting for a Panny 37PE50 Ive bought from Dabs
:thumbsup:

Got it delivered to a mate in Portadown to avoid the extra VAT & reduce shipping !

fishfoodie said:
Got it delivered to a mate in Portadown to avoid the extra VAT & reduce shipping !

No extra VAT should be paid , if both countries ( which they are ) are in the EU . The VAT is paid in the country of sale

John

I thought so to until I checked around...

There's some fine print in the EU guidelines, that I wasnt previously aware of that basically says, that if the Company has a 'presense' in the second country they should charge the local rate of VAT in that country. So as Dabs does a significant amount of business in Ireland & actually has warehouses here, they charge Irish customers local VAT rates.

I think this is to stop Internet retailers having Warehouses in every country but putting their 'Shop' in an EU country with a low VAT rate & thus undercutting all their competors by being able to change a low VAT rate & still shipping from a local source

Thanks for the reply.
If there is a problem in the first 12 months will richersounds collect it to repair it or will i have to drive to Belfast?

I bought my Pioneer 435 from AV Sales last year and they shipped it to Belfast for me. They put it on a pallet and sent it via a courier. They packaged it up really well so it made the journey unscathed. The delivery was reasonably expensive but the screen was a much better price than anywhere in Northern Ireland. If you do a search you'll find loads of posters singing their praises.

Tim

Nick,

Couldnt honestly say that I know what RS's policy is on repair returns. Best option is to e-mail & ask directly.

The latest video from AVForums

Quality vs. Convenience: How do you consume your movies & TV shows?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom