Anyone buy a Sony 36in from Robert Whyte in 2000?

Blagmeister

If you did - did you get a five-year warranty with it? Did you get a certificate?

The reason I ask is that I bought a TV from them in November 2000, specifically because they offered a 5-year warranty. At the time, only John Lewis was doing the same and they had a six-month waiting list.

Well yesterday my three-and-half year old KV36FS70 went phut, as I was watching! Now I only get the standby light blinking at me four times.

Now I find that while I've got the original (hand written!) receipt there’s no mention of the warranty. And I have no memory of ever receiving a certificate - and I keep everything. Robert Whyte says I should have a certificate, and without that it can do anything for me. The guy on the phone said they don't have records of transactions three years back, which I find a bit odd.

But I spent months choosing my TV, and weeks finding somewhere to buy it. There were cheaper places but only RW offered the warranty and had the TV in stock. I can even picture the Robert Whyte web page with a badge offering the five-year warranty.

They must have a record off this - I’m going to speak to the manager tomorrow.

General Skanky

Good luck.

It is worth your while searching past posts about this retailer on this bb (if they haven't been deleted that is), to see what you are up against.

I for one have certainly not forgotten their treatment of past customers and personally will never deal with them.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom