Anyone built their own BBQ?

towns

Novice Member
I'm struggling to justify having the huge big gas grill that I would love to SWMBO seeing as it'll only be used about 5 times a year! I could probably get away with making it pretty sizeable if I built one myself though!

I don't like the red brick type kits that you see in the garden centre, coupled with that the house it cotswold stone so must be similarly matched to that. From my brief research on the net, it appears that it should cope with the heat, it's a limestone but I thought lime broke down under heat?

Anyway, has anyone got some inspiration photos?! Or should I just carry on with the little one I currently have :(

davidegee

there was a thread on here last year i think where a couple of people showed their home made BBQ's. One was a mexican style i think and one was a massive one including a pizza oven, IIRC. Have a search and you may find something..

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
My neighbour made one by cutting an oil barrel in half, putting hinges on it so the top half made a lid and the grill was metal mesh from a builders merchant. Total outlay 12 quid and it does the job fantastic.

danmc_82

Distinguished Member
My neighbour made one by cutting an oil barrel in half, putting hinges on it so the top half made a lid and the grill was metal mesh from a builders merchant. Total outlay 12 quid and it does the job fantastic.
May not look as nice as a purpose built one though :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom