• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Anyone bought the Goonies on blu?

Ewan154

Hi,
Thinking about buying the "goonies" on blu. I already have it on sd dvd and was wondering if the pq was an upgrade from the sd-dvd?

I have read several reviews on the pq,but can't make my mind up.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I have the blu-ray. Although i don't have it on DVD I did rent it a long time ago. Whilst the image quality of the blu-ray is decent it's nothing to write home about and I don't think it's a significant improvement over the DVD.

CJPowers81

"Hey You Guys!" :D

Goonies is a classic but I can't watch it again, it brings me to tears everytime, reminds me of my childhood. LOL!

evangelink

Not massive but definitely an improvement over the DVD, especially in the second half where I though the PQ really picked up. One of my most cherished films, and really cheap now so it's well worth a buy.

TW ALBIEE

Good upgrade for me,thought the sound benefitted most although pq was a nice upgrade if a little edge enhanced though.True Hd though so well done Warner.:hiya:

HummerUK

Indeed, just got my copy which cost £5.99 from Amazon.

The deleted scenes help explain the reference at the end to the giant octopus and the 12 minute music video is also quite unusual.

HummerUK

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom