Anyone bought Sympathy for Lady Vengeance R3 (Hong Kong) Please read

cmf21

I just got this from Axel Music, brilliant service although the cover looks photocopied and states DVD 9 on the back. I suspect this is just the cheapy Hong Distributors of the file but can anyone whose also bought this version confirm whether their copy looks like this?

cheers

chris

arn

Standard Member
im waiting for the trilogy box set before i buy it sorry :rolleyes:

shane515

Novice Member
Chris

Spooky or great minds think a like??? I got mine from Axel a couple of weeks back and did think at the time that it did 'look' a bit on the poor side ie the cover....but saying that, I have used Axel many times without the slightest problem

Shane

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Same here, I did think 'hmm suspicious' looking at the poor quality cover :confused:

BIGRED

Novice Member
is the hong kong version the one with a cardboard slip case ? one side a full length pic of the lady in question and a close up on the other side ??? i got mine around christmas time, didn't look suss to me ?

cmf21

Thanks for the responses, it sort of confirms its a poor HK distribution. I hope this isn't the start of something as I won't be buying many HK Region 3's if they come like this pukka or not.

No slipcase on the Hong Kong version I was sent.

link showing the cover art for my vwersion can be found athttp://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/0932418520189

Thanks

Chris

KevD

Novice Member
BIGRED said:
is the hong kong version the one with a cardboard slip case ? one side a full length pic of the lady in question and a close up on the other side ??? i got mine around christmas time, didn't look suss to me ?
I think your refering to the Korean 2 disc collectors edition, with the fade to black version of the film. I also have this one and its a very well presented package.
Seems HK havent bothered with their version :(

TarPot

The HK one i had, was in a slipcase. I've since changed it for the Korean 2-disc version.
Great film.

anephric

The HK disc is a bit pants - it's an interlaced transfer for a start. You really should flog it and get the Korean 2-disc set. It's much nicer (and has a progressive transfer).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom