Anyone bought Photoshop from the states?

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
As I hate the fact that we are being ripped off for Adobe Photoshop in this country I was wondering if anyone has successfully bought it from the states?

:D Sorry, I meant a pucka copy :)

Adobe are pretty strict on licensing. I'm sure you would have Region licensing problems. Not sure I would chance it myself.

OK thanks. That's as I expected to be honest. I think I'll just boycott them then.

If you have kids or know a kid (of relative or friend) at a particular school try sofeware4students, they have photoshop at a greatly reduced price. I have had windows 7 and Office 2007 from them, its all official kosher software. :thumbsup:

If you have kids or know a kid (of relative or friend) at a particular school try sofeware4students, they have photoshop at a greatly reduced price. I have had windows 7 and Office 2007 from them, its all official kosher software. :thumbsup:

Yep, but unfortunately, the procedure with their Adobe products is the same as if you bought the software as a student version anywhere else. For anything other than Adobe, Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Software UK at Software4Students.co.uk are great. I have also purchased Office 2007 (they are approved MS Partners) and Kaspersky from them.

Adobe are pretty strict on licensing. I'm sure you would have Region licensing problems. Not sure I would chance it myself.
This may be true for living in the UK and buying it as a download from there

Surely though, you could buy it on a visit there, or get someone there to buy it for you.

How do regional liscensing problems apply in this instance?

How do regional liscensing problems apply in this instance?

I had no problems using/updating my UK sourced PSCS2 after i moving to the US.

The problems, came when i upgraded to CS3. It took a lot of calls/emails between me, Adobe US and Adobe Europe before the CS2 registration was visible to Adobe US, and i was able to update at the 200buck rate.

Thanks, so ordinarily not a problem
Adobe are only doing it to protect income from "rip off UK":
All their software are uniformly cheaper in the US/Canada

Given the kind of "global Village" the world has become and as such how easily folk migrate or relocate( even in the short term) it is a very silly restriction whose sole aim is greed (IMHO)

Just imagine the aggravation a UK student on an exchange program in the US who has a copy of UK sourced Adobe software ( or vice versa) will face

Last edited:
Yes I have to agree, pure greed.

Thanks, so ordinarily not a problem
Adobe are only doing it to protect income from "rip off UK":
All their software are uniformly cheaper in the US/Canada

Given the kind of "global Village" the world has become and as such how easily folk migrate or relocate( even in the short term) it is a very silly restriction whose sole aim is greed (IMHO)

Just imagine the aggravation a UK student on an exchange program in the US who has a copy of UK sourced Adobe software ( or vice versa) will face

These days it easier. I pay 10bucks a month for a VPN that gives me IPs in the UK. US and Canada, mainly for iplayer access, but makes the whole regionalised software issues a pain of the past too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom