Anyone bought Photoshop from the states?

HMHB

Distinguished Member
As I hate the fact that we are being ripped off for Adobe Photoshop in this country I was wondering if anyone has successfully bought it from the states?

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Adobe are pretty strict on licensing. I'm sure you would have Region licensing problems. Not sure I would chance it myself.

OK thanks. That's as I expected to be honest. I think I'll just boycott them then.

TonyH

If you have kids or know a kid (of relative or friend) at a particular school try sofeware4students, they have photoshop at a greatly reduced price. I have had windows 7 and Office 2007 from them, its all official kosher software. :thumbsup:

eduk

Distinguished Member

Strobe

If you have kids or know a kid (of relative or friend) at a particular school try sofeware4students, they have photoshop at a greatly reduced price. I have had windows 7 and Office 2007 from them, its all official kosher software. :thumbsup:

Yep, but unfortunately, the procedure with their Adobe products is the same as if you bought the software as a student version anywhere else. For anything other than Adobe, Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Software UK at Software4Students.co.uk are great. I have also purchased Office 2007 (they are approved MS Partners) and Kaspersky from them.

senu

Distinguished Member
Adobe are pretty strict on licensing. I'm sure you would have Region licensing problems. Not sure I would chance it myself.
This may be true for living in the UK and buying it as a download from there

Surely though, you could buy it on a visit there, or get someone there to buy it for you.

How do regional liscensing problems apply in this instance?

HotblackDesiato

How do regional liscensing problems apply in this instance?

I had no problems using/updating my UK sourced PSCS2 after i moving to the US.

The problems, came when i upgraded to CS3. It took a lot of calls/emails between me, Adobe US and Adobe Europe before the CS2 registration was visible to Adobe US, and i was able to update at the 200buck rate.

senu

Distinguished Member
Thanks, so ordinarily not a problem
Adobe are only doing it to protect income from "rip off UK":
All their software are uniformly cheaper in the US/Canada

Given the kind of "global Village" the world has become and as such how easily folk migrate or relocate( even in the short term) it is a very silly restriction whose sole aim is greed (IMHO)

Just imagine the aggravation a UK student on an exchange program in the US who has a copy of UK sourced Adobe software ( or vice versa) will face

Last edited:

HotblackDesiato

Thanks, so ordinarily not a problem
Adobe are only doing it to protect income from "rip off UK":
All their software are uniformly cheaper in the US/Canada

Given the kind of "global Village" the world has become and as such how easily folk migrate or relocate( even in the short term) it is a very silly restriction whose sole aim is greed (IMHO)

Just imagine the aggravation a UK student on an exchange program in the US who has a copy of UK sourced Adobe software ( or vice versa) will face

These days it easier. I pay 10bucks a month for a VPN that gives me IPs in the UK. US and Canada, mainly for iplayer access, but makes the whole regionalised software issues a pain of the past too.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom