1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone bought Infernal Affairs Trilogy: Perfect Collection (8 DVD) from cdwow?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Gorshin, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Here!

Any English subtitles?: an essential with 3 bonus discs! :devil:

Any comments most welcome. It looks nice :smoke:

2. Stanleh

Stanleh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I orderd it from them should have it in the next few days, will let u know when it comes to the english subs.
    I really hope it has em as 70 quid is allot of money, especially as i allready own the 3 films !

3. Pioneer

Pioneer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received it from Yesasia earlier this week, it is nice, mine came with a calendar and extra poster all in a very nice box. I'll post some comments once I have watched it this weekend.

4. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I look forward to your comments lads :)

5. Supernatural

Supernatural

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I received my set from CD Wow this morning. Came in a nicely packaged plastic box with the 8 dvds in cases along with a small ringbound folder with pictures, drawings and English words :thumbsup: I got 2 double sided posters and a promo poster with mine.

In answer to your question - most of the extras have no English subtitles. Looking through the first and second disk - not wanting to spoil the second film for myself as I haven't yet watched this - the first disk has no English subtitles that I could see. The second has the 'making of', subtitled in English.

Lots of visual stuff though that can still be enjoyed. Maybe an opportunity to learn Cantonese or Mandarin.

Initial impressions of the quality watching the start of the first film is that the picture is very clear. Had a high bitrate, 8.5 to 9.5 Mbs on the 1st chapter where you first see the characters.
    Sound is supposed to be full bitrate DTS - will comment on that when I watch this version of the first film this evening.

Paul

6. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not worth buying then :rolleyes:

Maybe an oportunity to learn .... lol that may be a little tricky :laugh:

7. Pioneer

Pioneer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I watched the first film last night, the DTS ES sound is first rate, very impressive. The PQ is also very good with no visible artifacts or damage to the print. The only let down is that they have decided to overlay the subtitles along the bottom of the film and not in the black banding below the action. Also the font is the usual Asian pixelated rubbish so not the best to read but you get used to it.

Other than that, the 1st film is higely enjoyable, will take a look at the extras and sequels later this week.