Anyone bought from EGlobal Central?

Dony

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I'm searching for a tablet for my daughter and think I've decided on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (white).

They are being sold for about £320 but I've found a few Hong Kong based sites which are almost £100 cheaper. I've read reviews and they seem credible, and are on both Quidco and TopCashBack with positive reviews there as well. It seems all Customs duties and VAT are included in the price as well.

All sounds good, but what are the pitfalls? Will the manufacturers warranty be void if I buy from HK? Anything else I should be aware of?

Have but im certainly not expecting much aftercare help with them being based in hk,Still was happy with speed (6 days with no customs) and goods received.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I bought from them 3 times. The last time the tablet was faulty and it was a complete nightmare resolving with them. They don't respond to emails and took so long to get back to me I ended up having to use PayPal to get my money back. If your gonna risk it make sure you use PayPal to pay

Have a look at Expedite Electronics - good prices (price stated on Website is price paid, no "extra" costs), quick delivery, UK contact number/office and you can pay by PayPal, so buyer protected.

I've bought an iPad air 2 from them and a couple of lenses (£600+), no problems

See above got the tab s2 from them with no issues. There is a whole thread about them on the bargains forum.

No. Because of it being bought in Hong Kong.
But expedite do give you a 1 year warranty with themselves.

Not strictly relevant, but someone on here bought a PSvita from a Hong Kong Ebay seller that ships from the UK, and it turned out they had, in effect, only a 14 day warranty.

Think I'll take a calculated risk and go for it. I'm saving more than £100 and if it all goes wrong I'll take the hit on a repair bill.

If I buy on Amazon, but it's with a HK seller, am I more protected? The one I'm looking at doesn't state "fulfilled by Amazon".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A9ZJGK9TITK1D

If I get full warranty through Amazon then I'll buy from there.

I can't say for long term but if you have a problem in the short term it would be beneficial. For example if it fails to turn up or faulty then getting resolution or refund will be simpler because if the seller was unhelpful Amazon would step in.

Cheers,

Nigel

I can't say for long term but if you have a problem in the short term it would be beneficial. For example if it fails to turn up or faulty then getting resolution or refund will be simpler because if the seller was unhelpful Amazon would step in.

Cheers,

Nigel

In the end this is the option I've gone for. I emailed the seller and they have confirmed a 2 yr warranty, and just spoke with Amazon who also confirmed it and followed up with this email

Regarding your query about Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0" White Octa-Core 3Gb Ram 32GB HD Android Lollipop 5.02 SM-T710 sold by Hihi Electronic, I would like to reassure and confirm to you that the Manufacturer's guarantee is applicable even though it is sold by a market place seller.

I'll store both emails away in case I ever need to use the warranty. Still a good price, but happier now I've some peace of mind.

Do not buy from eglobalcentral .They scammed me on 700 euros !!! you will not contact them by phone, if any problem with order ! the ignore all messages after sale

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom