1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone bought from Crampton & Moore?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by neilmcl, Aug 9, 2005.

1. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    I know a lot of us have used Crampton & Moore in the past to get a John Lewis price match but has anyone actually bought items from them, whether directly or via eBay and if so what have they been like? I'd particularly like to know what they're customer service is like when things don't quite go to plan.

2. reklor

reklor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    I have bought a LCD from them and they were nice people. I didnt have any problems with the set so didnt need to return it etc etc so I dont know what they are like in that respect.

3. Tony_R

Tony_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    I'm considering the 37" version, I was kind of hoping that John Lewis will stock this as they do with the 32" but not yet apparently.

5. Tony_R

Tony_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought John Lewis did the 26" but its a different model number. So I guess they won't pricematch.

6. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Yeah, JL do all the models upto the 32" but not the 37" as yet.

7. Tony_R

Tony_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't see the JVC - LT26DS6BJ on the John Lewis website. Is this only instore? and they will price match instore prices to online from Crompton and Moore?

Thanks.

8. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    Crampton and Moore actually have a (small and rather scruffy IMO) retail store. Lack of this is the condition that JL use for not matching other e-tailers. So - they should match, if they are true to their own terms.

9. MancNJB

MancNJB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i thought JL would only price match if the store you were comparing against was in the local area or does this not apply when comparing with online stores?

10. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I bought my Panasonic 42" PW6 Plamsa from them - To be honest they tried to skank me with a used unit that had obviously been opened and turned on / plugged in (Torn box - ripped packaging - remote with batteries in it etc etc)

Fell for the trick of paying for it then they brought it out from around back to "help you in the car with it Sir !!!" - Never fall for that one again -

Anyway as you can imagine the plasma went straight back in the shop and it was arranged that a new one would be sourced.........as I only live in Barnsley and the store is in Sheffield it wasn't a problem for me to go back and pick it up. Could foresee a problem though if someone had the same unit dropped off by courier :rolleyes: not as easy to sort things out if your a hundred miles away and have to rely on phone calls and couriers.............

Just my two peneth..............

11. jamie01

jamie01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just received an open boxed LCD from them (ripped packaging, the remote covering had been opened, no screen covering etc). Probably a return.... Cheeky fellas. It seems fine so I can't really be bothered sending it back. I certainly won't be using them again though.

12. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Have you complained?

13. jamie01

jamie01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not as yet - might not even bother. I'm sure they'll only offer me a replacement, and after weeks of waiting with another online retailer I really don't want to go through that again. The set is fine - not sure I'd be so nonchalant if I wasn't happy with it. I'm also thinking it may have been tested or used in the shop (well that helps me sleep :) )

14. calchfaen

calchfaen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a samsung le40f86bdx from them yesterday.It was down as next day delivery by City Link.I tracked it via the web site it was picked up from Crampton and Moore as promised ,so I have no complaint regarding their service so far.
    City Link however is a different matter.My tv arrived at the depot for delivery this morning,Itracked it on line, but when at lunch time it still wasnt down as being out on the van I rang them.Suprise suprise it was down in south Wales instead of north wales .Oh it will be tomorrow now I was told they,ll send it back but it will be too late as the drivers finish at 5 oclock.To help me she offered to keep it back off of the van tomorrow so that my husband and myself both old age pensioners could travel 25 miles to the depot to pick it up ourselves.After paying for next day delivery I feel that more than a begruding sorry about that is not enough.Is this a one off am I jinxed.

15. Wally West

Wally West

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Bought a plasma off them a fews years back - pretty helpful in store. I wanted to see the tvs I was considering in action and they were quite prepared to open them up and display them for me. Got a good price and a brand new set. Nothing wrong with my tv still so can't comment about when things go wrong. Did lose my receipt in the first week and was worried about the warranty, but when I asked, they sent me a replacement receipt within a couple of days.
    So from my point of view, I have a pretty good experience of buying from them.

16. gari189

gari189

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    One thing to look out for - they sometimes sell the same tvs on their ebay shop (with buy it now) cheaper than their web prices....

Looking at the wlt68 a couple of weeks ago and ebay price was about £40 cheaper...