1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone bought elite force 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by haujobbz, Jun 22, 2003.

1. haujobbz

haujobbz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    It looks good considering it uses the quake 3 engine:eek:

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    It's had good reviews but I will play it when it arrives next week ( birthday pressie from my brother). I enjoyed the first one but was a tad short imo. The engine last time round made my system then grind to a halt so now i've got an xp2700+ processor 1 GB DDR 3200 memory and a radeon 9700 pro it should run like **** off a shovle.
    There's nothing new around fps wise at the moment so I'll play this to tide me over till HL2, Doom2 and Deux Ex2 come out. It seems developers have got sequelitis at the moment but as long as the games deliver the goods I'll be happy.

3. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Got it at the weekend and I'm happy playing it, difficulty level seems about right, graphics are ok (but it is using an ancient engine), sound is good except for some diaglogue having a wierd echo from time to time. Good plot line. puzzles add to gameplay.

Biggest criticism to date is that many of the enemies are just like those in the original Doom - they just rush you, which is fun for a while but is getting a bit tedious now.

Worth getting though since theres nothing else around.

4. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Having bought and enjoyed the first game, on seeing the screenshots of elite force 2 some months back, I decided that it was definitely on my shopping list.
    However, last week, I managed to get my hands on on the mighty Unreal 2 (£17.99) and have to admit that the mindblowing graphics blow every current fps game out of the water and am currently in gaming nirvana!
    I managed to get my hands on elite force 2 yesterday and after the visual magnificence of unreal, have to admit it looks pretty enough but offers nothing new and after the wide open spaces of unreal, don't relish the predominant 'corridor' shoot out scenarios.
    Give elite more scope, better graphics and a new engine THEN they'd have a killer title and with games like HL2, Deus Ex 2, Doom 3 etc etc, the quake 3 engine is looking VERY dated.

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,278
    Red Faction II? Chaser? Nothing ground breaking perhaps but not nothing!

Played a bit of Elite Force II (mostly multiplayer) and think it is a good game. Considering it uses the same engine as the original it is a major step forward. It'll be interesting to see how Raven manage with Jedi Knight III (which is also using the Q3 engine).

6. Maff UK

Maff UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a copy as yet unplayed, but have a colleague at work that wouldn't stop going on about the game for a week, until he completed it then strutted round like he'd just cured cancer...