Anyone bought die hard 1 on blu-ray?

Ewan154

Hi,
I was in tesco's today and noticed that they were selling Die hard 1 on blu-ray for £10 and I was wondering if it was worth it or not. I already have it on dvd. I have read several reviews about it,but still can't decide whether to buy it or not.

Is the blu-ray version an upgrade over the dvd version?

IAN P

Distinguished Member
Yes, I have it and on my screen the level of detail is quite a step up, it is grainy in places, but i'll never watch the dvd again.

Not as much of an upgrade as Die Hard 3 though, the Bluray looks amazing.

Ewan154

Hi,
Thanks for all the replies. Next time I'm in Tesco I'll buy it:thumbsup:

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
It is £9.98 at Amazon along with part 2 and in the 3 for 2.

edit.

Found Die Hard for £7.95 at Zavvi.

I might actually get these too since I have the fourth film on Blu.

Last edited:

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Don't expect the PQ to be stunning. It's quite good considering how it was shot and it's age. A must have for any Die Hard fan.

B12

Banned
Don't expect the PQ to be stunning. It's quite good considering how it was shot and it's age. A must have for any Die Hard fan.

I was quite disappointed with it, maybe I should watch it again after skimming through the SD version first.

How is Die Hard 2 on Blu, anyone know?

Marv

Distinguished Member
I've got 1 and 2 there worth getting. Die is a bigger step in up P/Q than DH 2 is.

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
I think they all look very good, especially the 3rd one, given that it's had some terrible presentations on various home cinema formats.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom