Anyone bought a US PS3 from MovieTyme?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by whymca, Apr 30, 2007.

1. whymca

whymca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a PS3 in the coming months and would like to import an American console.

The reason for this is that most new DVD's I buy are Region 1 and I would like to continue the trend with Blu-Ray (I'll probably also get an HD-DVD drive for my 360 too but region coding is so far not a problem here).

I realise it'll only play R1 SD DVD's but already have an upscaling multi-region DVD recorder, so SD is no problem. And again I know it will only play US PS2 games but I sold my PS2 and all the games years ago.

My main question (as in the title, sorry for rambling on) is, has anyone bought one from MovieTyme?

I buy most of my Region 1 DVD's from them and trust them to deliver. When I checked the price, it is roughly on a par (£379) with that of VideoGamesPlus (£326 + £50 delivery) who I've seen recommended on these forums.

Obvously there's customs charges to (probably) add on but, though this may cause it to be more expensive than a UK machine in the long run, the Region A Blu-Ray playback is the main issue.

Finally I guess the last question is, if not VG+ or M'Tyme, can anyone recommend a (legitimate) source for US PS3's?

Sorry for going on so much and thanks in advance for any replies. :smashin:

2. DPT1976

DPT1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    VG+ is a good choice and you are very unlikely to pay customs charges if you use them as they are happy to mark down the value of items.

I got my PS2 and PS3 with them and i didn't pay any customs charges.

3. nonsoloinglese

nonsoloinglese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    The Movietyme US PS3 is being advertised as Same Day Dispatch so seems to be being shipped from the UK. I would recommend Movietyme, always had great service from them and for the sake of a few pounds would go with them.