1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone bought a TV from Internet Direct?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by johnnybox, Jan 18, 2005.

1. johnnybox

johnnybox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After long hard searches through these forums, I think am going to get myself a Panny PD50.

After a similar lengthy search of the internet the cheapest price I could find was £780 (£809 with delivery) from Internet TVs Direct, here.

I was just wondering if anyone on these forums has had dealings with Internet Direct before because I had no luck finding reviews of the store.

2. tuftus

tuftus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm, i am also in this dilemma 'johnnybox' since the tosh 32zp46 seems never to be in stock.... anywhere!!!!

If anyone has had / could give some advice on this vendor ( or empire direct) that would be great...

Andy

3. johnnybox

johnnybox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy,

You can't find the 32zp46 anywhere because it's exclusive to currys/comet. Its on comets website for £700 and I've just bought one today!

It's cheaper than the PD50 and I suspect (and hope) comets after sale service will be better than internet directs (it's on-site rather than rtb for starters, and I don't fancy 'popping' the tosh in the post if something goes wrong!)

BTW You can the 32zp48 elsewhere - it's the same set but costs a bit more (£750?) and comes with external speakers if thats your bag.

Nick

4. tuftus

tuftus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Johnnybox,

I called Comet as I too saw it for 699 but the geezer said that they did not have a single one in the country... I looked at the 32zp48 but I already have a Yammy 5.1 amp so not to concerned about what sound the TV can do as I am really only just using it as a monitor.

What is important to me is the connections on the back, ie component would be ideal but 2 x rgb scarts would suffice...

Good luck with the TV though...

;)