• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone bought a Nikon (D2Xs) in America - things to watch out for?

dealmaker

Standard Member
Guys,

There seem to be some deals which are simply too good to be true on the Nikon D2Xs bodies in the USA !! - I have seen prices as low as $1999 - quite a few places at this unbeliveable pricce!!! (and averaging less than $2999!!)

http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prodetails.aspx?prodid=614044

I can get a pal in the USA to order me one and get it shipped to his house.

Is there anything I should watch out for with this camera, and generally with buying photographic equipment in the USA?? (I know I will need to get an adaptor cable for the charger etc)

Thanks in advance!

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
Well, obviously it'll be left hand drive. :D Seriously though - this looks a little suspect to me.

The package offers underneath don't seem to offer the same amazing value. For example:

Package 5 offers the body with an 18-70 3.5-4.5 lens for just over $1000 more. That's $1000 for a lens that costs £169.

I'd like to see if this is actually in stock at that price - I expect they have lots of 'kits' available. :rolleyes:

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Is there anything I should watch out for with this camera...
Nikons camera guarantees are only valid in the country of purchase. So any issues would have to be resolved by returning to country of purchase.
This is not the case with lenses which (usually) come with International guarantee.

beachy

Established Member
Guys,

There seem to be some deals which are simply too good to be true on the Nikon D2Xs bodies in the USA !! - I have seen prices as low as $1999 - quite a few places at this unbeliveable pricce!!! (and averaging less than $2999!!)

http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prodetails.aspx?prodid=614044

I can get a pal in the USA to order me one and get it shipped to his house.

Is there anything I should watch out for with this camera, and generally with buying photographic equipment in the USA?? (I know I will need to get an adaptor cable for the charger etc)

Thanks in advance!

notice there also selling D200 for $679 :eek: about £342 definately sounds to good to be true.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom