Anyone been to Vegas shows?

DrPhil

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations? And more imnportantly are there any good unofficial ticket outlets, like the booths in London for the west end.

We wanted to see one of the Cirque du Soleil shows, either O or Mystere but we left it too late and they're sold out. Do the hotels keep any reserved for guests? We're staying at the Bellagio, where O is showing.

Or if Cirque is out, what else? I'm dodging a bullet on the Saturday night, the wife is going to see Cher, I'm going to UFC 116! :clap:

I went to vegas a few years ago, saw The Blue Man Group (best show i've seen), Cirque (can't reallly go wrong with their shows tbh), Penn and Teller (good show got to meet them afterwards) There are ticket outlets on the strip, you have to queue on the morning of the show, you can sometimes save 50% well worth doing IMO, Tix 4 Tonight

I went to vegas a few years ago, saw The Blue Man Group (best show i've seen), Cirque (can't reallly go wrong with their shows tbh), Penn and Teller (good show got to meet them afterwards) There are ticket outlets on the strip, you have to queue on the morning of the show, you can sometimes save 50% well worth doing IMO, Tix 4 Tonight

Queue how long?

Had a mate in the Cirque show "O" about 5 years ago. Had an amazing week out there and saw the show a couple of times, once in the audience and once in the lighting gantry. Easily one of the best shows of any ilk I have ever seen and I highly recommend any Cirque show. Expensive but memories that will never leave you. We were also lucky enough to watch the diving rehearsals and given a tour backstage, the scale of everything behind the scenes is monstrous.

Queue how long?

Not too long as i remember, 30 mins maybe, I was there start of Jan, which is a quiet period in Vegas. Btw, there are 2 or 3 different Cirque shows in Vegas I had wanted to see Ka at the MGM but couldn't get tickets

Not too long as i remember, 30 mins maybe, I was there start of Jan, which is a quiet period in Vegas. Btw, there are 2 or 3 different Cirque shows in Vegas I had wanted to see Ka at the MGM but couldn't get tickets

That's not so bad, I queued for 5 hours last year for the UFC Expo...

We're hoping for O or Mystere. Might check out the booths.

Blue Man show doesn't look like my thing, and certainly not the wife's.

i went to see the cirque beatles show out there. was an amazing spectacle! I'm not a lover of shows generally but would happily see any cirque show if i could

think there are about 5 cirques running in vegas at the moment, i'm there at lesat once a year with work,

i've seen 0,mystere, ka and love.

if you like the beatles, i highly recommend Love, it's a cracking cirque show with a hell of a soundtrack. showing in mirage i think, or else treasure island, they are aside by side.

ka is good, but not as good as mystere, which i loved. Ka is much more of a story compared to the others which while themed are more indivudual acts.

honestly, have been in Vegas about 15 times now and always recommend people see the cirque shows over anything else, the other shows can be put on anywhere, when you see the sets they build for the cirque shows it's that bit unique

+1 Tix4tonite . . . . total cheat is to go upstairs in fashion show mall . . the food court has a little booth that never has a single que. :clap:

Used it for every show and event . .even titanic exhebition etc. . . We reckond we saved $700 using them.

Too young to be a big beatles fan!

O or Mystere? Which is better?

O is probably better but i love most things to do with the water.

mystere was the first cirque i saw and set the bar

would get O if possible.

Love is excellent even if not a big beatles fan

ka was probably my least favorite

Went to 'O' at the Bellagio last summer - its great - paid full price for that 1 though. Bought from the MGM. There is a last minute ticket booth outside the MGM Grand. Best to get down there early in the day. We scored to excellent tickets for the blue man group at the Venetian. I'd recommend it highly. Good show.

When we went every morning we would wake up and queue for 20 mins or so at tix4tonight and just pick a show that they had tickets for and was affordable (Love was $200 a ticket and that was reduced!).

Also you can buy a 'ticket' which costs next to nothing but gives you 50% off your meal at the restaurants, you just have to book your table there and then. So we would decide what show in which hotel and go to a meal in the same hotel.

P.S. Blue Man Group - When we arrived we saw all the posters and me and my other half said that we didn't get what it was all about. But sods law it was the only thing on one night and was cheap so went to see it - Awesome, one of the best shows we saw out there and when we are out there on our honeymoon we will definitely go and see them again. A real pleasant surprise.

went there a few years ago with the family.

saw one of the cirque de soleil shows and i must say it was fantastic. cannot remember which one it was called but it had water and some very good effects and great entertainment value.

I would recomend it and go there again my self when i get some money together :)

Too young to be a big beatles fan!

O or Mystere? Which is better?

Mystere, no question. After seeing Mystere and then Ka, we found O a bit dull.

If you are going by the official website to tell if it is booked up or not, don't, try ringing them instead. The ticket system on the website is terrible IMO, purely designed to sell the worst seats first. When are you going?

Last edited:
Mystere, no question. After seeing Mystere and then Ka, we found O a bit dull.

If you are going by the official website to tell if it is booked up or not, don't, try ringing them instead. The ticket system on the website is terrible IMO, purely designed to sell the worst seats first. When are you going?

Next week. We're in Vegas from June 29th to July 5th. Twilight in IMAX on Wednesday, UFC/Cher on Saturday, rest of the evenings we're OK.

There are tickets available but they're $190 each or something, I'm looking for the $90 ones!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom