Anyone been to Turkey this year?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pont, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Pont

Pont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Hi

I'm looking at going on holiday for a break with the gf at the end of the month. Turkey seems like it will still be fairly warm. I haven't been there before so I would appreciate any info on experiences/resorts etc.

Also, im still open on idea of some where else.

Thanks.

Chris

2. geomuss

geomuss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    hi there,

Turkey at the end of the month will still be hot, trust me, but not the unberable hot, like it was earlier.

regarding resorts, Marmaris is great if you want a lively experience, loads and loads of bars, pubs and clubs. food is excellent, also as usual all the trips are cheap!

Hisaronu is another excellent resort, its on the small scale so its more intimate, it can be as relaxing or exciting as you want!

prices at the moment range from .85p to £2.00 for a drink, on avergae you will pay £7.00 for a large plentyfull meal.

the trips are excellent full day boat trip with all food inc. £8.00
    jeep safari is approx £10.00

in my own experience if it is just you and the g/f i would head to marmaris, the place is huge, and there is enough night life for anyone, hotel excelsior is excellent (say hi to tom and gengis).

there we go, imop you cant go wrong with turkey! :smashin:

3. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Chris,

I have been around 10 times. The last 4 years in a row we have stayed at the http://www.palomahotels.com/otel_yazi.asp?id=132&otel=side_perissia&dil=7 This a five star hotel that is fully inclusive. Side in Turkey is full of history with very friendly people. High quality fake goods can be found in Side Town ( Watches,Bags, Shoes etc). You can get fake goods everywhere but money best spent will be on 1 on 1 fakes in Side Town. I won't keep going on:oops: Let me know what type of holiday you are looking for and I will let you know if I can help on the Turkey front:lesson:

Oh This will not break the bank. My mother and father in-law have just booked up for November all in for 2 weeks £900. Late deals can be had at Thomas Cook. You can only book this hotel with Thomas Cook.

4. Alan_W

Alan_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    I went to a big 5* AI hotel in Lara Beach -The Barut Lara.Totally untypical of Turkey but a fantastic place for a relaxing holiday.

The area around Belek and Antalya seem to be building new large themed AI hotels, chasing the German/Russian punters. Can definately reccomend it for a chilled holiday but not much to do at night.

Check out www.tripadvisor.com

5. Pont

Pont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    We are just after a relaxing break. Plenty of sun bathing, food and drink in the evenings with plenty of restaurants.

Also any extra activities would be a bonus like trips etc.