Anyone been to the UK Fireworks Championships over the weekend @ Southport?

Hades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the Saturday night spectacular.

Had all my waterproofs on and purchased tickets for the seated area and glad I did. Rain stopped just before it started...and strangely enough it started to rain again as it finished.

What a cracking night..... there were thousands of folk there (despite the weather), it was jammed full.

Its in its 10th anniversary and they are holding a champion of champions Fri-Sun. Sat night had Festival Fireworks (one of three displays) who in my opinion are just bloody fantastic at what they do. Their display was just awesome, their build up to the big finale was to the Riverdance music...and you kow how that beat slowly builds up and gets faster. The fireworks were all in sequence to it and the ending was just jaw dropping.

You either like fireworks or you do not, I love them and had cracking night. I thought the weather would put people off, but it seemed to bring more out.

Had an old dear sat next to me and got chatting to her and she come all the way from Surrey to watch it.

Will defo be going again next year.

Last edited:
Yeah we went with our 2 year old girl. She was more interested in the horse roundabout ride.

Had to go on with her 2 times. I agree the fireworks at the end were the best on the show. The northern lights displaywas really poor.

Tryed to enjoy it as best as we can in the rain, would go again next year weather permitting

I thought Northern Lights got better as it went along with a spectacular ending. Festival was just superb and all in time to the music. Spitfire was another brilliant ending, but slight display gaps between each stage and music change was quite bad I thought, think they will lose marks on that.

Yeah weather was bad but typical brits, never stops us...as it showed tonight... or last night now :) Never expected to see so many people there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom