• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone been to the Monaco Grand Prix ?

ozthecoz

Prominent Member
Ive got Rocher tickets for Monaco this year so just wondering what to expect and if anyone has any advise / tips who have been before ?

We are staying out in Grimaud near St Tropez and have parking tickets nr the station in Monaco

Dave

mjn

Distinguished Member
Nope, but i'll be driving in the famous tunnel under the hotel 3 days after the Grand Prix :D

Kwon

Established Member
Ive got Rocher tickets for Monaco this year so just wondering what to expect and if anyone has any advise / tips who have been before ?

We are staying out in Grimaud near St Tropez and have parking tickets nr the station in Monaco

Dave
yeah we went in 2006 fantastic place
& fantastic atmosphere , if you @ rocher get there really really early as gets packed quickly , good view though , the sounds are amazing with the cars boats etc
oh take food drink as once u find a spot u don't wanna move

True Romance

Distinguished Member
yeah we went in 2006 fantastic place
& fantastic atmosphere , if you @ rocher get there really really early as gets packed quickly , good view though , the sounds use to be amazing with the cars boats etc
oh take food drink as once u find a spot u don't wanna move
Fixed that for you ;)

ozthecoz

Prominent Member
well ive been ato Monaco a few times but never to the grand prix before, so not sure what to expect in terms of driving there etc as it can be bad enough to get in on a normal day.

It is a shame about the new smaller engines and sound but so far it seems to have lead to more exciting racing and i get the feeling its more aout the atmosphere of being there on race week end rather than seeing the actual race lol

bobflunkit

Prominent Member
Yeah, ‘97 or '98 and it was excellent. We also stood in sector richer. I'd also advise getting stocked up on food and drink as once you've found a space to stand you really won't or can't move. We had the option to stand on a very very steep bank. Which provides a good view even if it is quite along way away. But that bank is about a 55 degree angle. A lot of other people who'd obviously been before either took a small shovel/trowel/ to cut a wedge to stand in or wore a belt with another belt looped through it and wrapped round a small tree. Both very simple but both very effective. I found that the sound was the most impressive aspect of the whole thing, but that might be totally different now, unfortunately. And walking the track within 30 minutes of the race finishing was great for many reasons, firstly just to say that you've walked one of the most famous racetracks in the world, and collecting a tennis ball size ball of rubber made up of what commentators call marbles. It really is surprising just how steep the track is. A lot of totty spotting(usually 2 or 3 with very rich old dudes) and the odd celebrity. Plenty of mental super cars trundling around the circuit while you're walking round the track followed by crappy old Renault vans full of local kids. All followed by the best pizza and couple off beers I've ever had, because we'd been stuck on that boiling hot slope for about 8 hrs with 2 small bottles of water and no food in 90 degree heat. It was truly bizarre watching qualifying at home on Saturday then flying to Nice on Sunday morning,bus journey to Monaco, watched the race,track walk,pizza and beer, bus back to Nice,flight home all in 23hours and 55 minutes.

And it worked out cheaper and probably quicker than going to silverstone.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom