Question Anyone a projector expert? Have some questions!

ReflexReact

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I need some help from a seasoned expert :)

I am torn between the (now much more expensive) £499 BENQ W1070 and the £464 Optoma HD142X.

I predict that my (ceiling mounted) projector bulb will be about 3.2 meters from my 92" projector screen, which has a vertical width of 203cm.

Looking at the projector calculator, it looks like both projectors will fit in my room and fill up the projector, with :

- the BenQ needing to be seated 3.05m from the screen and at 1.00x Zoom
- The Optoma needing to be seated somewhere between 3m and 3.3m from the screen, with zoom ranging from 1.00x to 1.09x

Can someone please advise if I am accurate here? If so, based on the discussions here it does sound like the Optoma is a more sensible bet (brighter, a little cheaper). Any concerns I am missing? E.g. price of bulbs etc?

Thank you in advance!

Id say your best bet is to go view them.

If you find a dealer with both (Richer sounds often has the cheaper DLP's) they you can certainly see the difference in image between the projector and check that you like DLP image compared to say LCD.

You might be able to get them to set them up 3 meters from the wall and have a play with zoom to check your throw sizes.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom