Anynet+ CEC locked to incorrect source

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by spacedog, Jan 1, 2017.

1. spacedog

spacedog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any way to completely refresh and reconfigure the CEC and source bindings on a Samsung TV?

I'm having this exact issue with two different Samsung TVs one is 2015 model and the other a 2009 model.

The issue is as follows:

I have had a CEC enabled media player connected to HDMI Input 1 on my Samsung TVs and the Anynet was set to recognize them on HDMI 1 and was working with sending signals to HDMI 1.

I am reconfiguring my AV setup and I have decided to move my CEC device to HDMI 4. So I did the following:

1. Unplugged my CEC media player from HDMI 1
    2. Used the Anynet+ menu to Search for Devices and now the CEC device no longer is in the list
    3. Plug the media player into HDMI 4 and change source to HDMI 4. I am able to see the video for the media player
    4. Repeat the Search for Devices functions from the Anynet menu and Anynet detects the CEC media player
    5. I activate the media player from the Anynet+ menu and it changes the source back to HDMI 1 where this device was originally connected.
    No matter how many times I try to search and activate the media player while it is connected to HDMI 4, anynet always changes the source back to HDMI 1.

If I activate the Anynet+ for the media player, let it switch to HDMI 1, then manually swap the HDMI cable from HDMI 4 to HDMI 1, the CEC signals come out of HDMI 1 and control the media player - even when it was 'discovered' by anynet when it was connected to HDMI 4.

It seems the Samsung TVs are permanently binding the CEC device to a specific HDMI input and that cannot be undone?

EDIT: Also, I just tested a little more and discovered that when I activate Anynet and it changes to HDMI 1, it is still sending CEC signals to HDMI 4. Even though I couldn't see what was happening because the source is set to HDMI 1 I was able to use the select button while HDMI 1 was active to start a move playing on the media player on HDMI 4

So the CEC signals seem to be going to the correct HDMI port, but TV refuses to allow that HDMI input port to be active / displayed when the Anynet+ is activated for it.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. peter-d-w

peter-d-w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
  3. spacedog

spacedog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, tried this. Still no luck at all.

4. peter-d-w

peter-d-w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    The only other thing I can think of is to try again but omit step 5 above.
    On reflection one more thing you can try is to contact Samsung and ask them to remotely reset your TV for you, That should clear out all saved data.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017