Anynet+and Sky Q

sparkie415

Standard Member
Reaction score
I hope someone can help.
I have a Samsung UE65ES800 TV and a Samsung HW-750 SOUNDBAR and a Sky Q box. what i'm trying to do if i understand the Any+ feature correctly,..., is to power on / power off all three devices.

i have connected it as samsung instructions.they refer to set top box as the device ,. i have assumed right or wrong that this would be my sky .Q box
These are the settings and connections i followed below.thank you

Connecting your soundbar to the TV with HDMI will give you the best possible audio. HDMI cables transmit sound digitally, which makes everything crystal clear. There are 2 ways to connect your soundbar using HDMI: either by connecting a device to your soundbar (like a Blu-ray player or a video game system) and then connecting the soundbar to the TV, or by using ARC (Audio Return Channel). Use the first method if you want to get the best possible sound from external device you will be regularly using to watch movies or play games. ARC is the way to go if you just have just a TV and a soundbar, and you want great sound from your streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, and Vudu.
Connect your soundbar and a device using HDMI
  1. Make sure the TV, soundbar, and device are turned off. Then, connect one end of an HDMI cable into any HDMI port on your TV (make a note of which one). Next, connect the other end to the HDMI OUT port on your soundbar.
  2. Connect a second HDMI cable from the HDMI OUT port on your cable box or video game system to the HDMI IN port on your soundbar.
  3. Turn your device on. Then, turn the soundbar on and press Source or Function to change the soundbar to HDMI.
  4. Turn the TV on and press Source or Function to change the TV to the HDMI port that you connected the soundbar to in Step 1.
  5. You will see a picture from the device on your TV, and hear audio from the soundbar. It should be working now, but let's take it a step further and make this setup the best it can be.
    • Turn on Anynet + on your soundbar (this is done by pressing right on the soundbar remote navigation button). This will cause the soundbar to turn on

• automatically when you turn on your cable box or video game system.
      Note: Some soundbars have a button labeled Anynet+ on the remote. If neither of these methods work, check out the user manual for your Samsung soundbar.
    • Turn on Anynet + (HDMI-CEC) on your TV. If you have a Samsung TV, it should be on by default, but to check, navigate to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Anynet + (HDMI-CEC). This will make the TV turn itself on when the device and soundbar are turned on. Check out the user manual for your TV if these menus don't match, or if you don't have a Samsung TV.
    • The last two steps to make this work involve enabling HDMI-CEC settings on your device (cable box, blu-ray player, or video game system) and setting up universal control on your TV. To set up the HDMI-CEC settings on your device you will need to check out the user manual for your device. For universal

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom