Anychance of recovering XCF from Pronto TSU

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by MSW, Feb 7, 2009.

1. MSW

MSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    Bought a new model Apple Laptop for a great price:thumbsup:

Sold my old Apple Laptop for a great price:thumbsup:

Completely forgot to burn a copy of my pronto XCF (built in Pep1) to disc :censored:

Other than re-building completely from scracth - (probably use PEP2 for a re-build) anyway of recovering the XCF from the Pronto itself

Mark

2. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Afraid not - Philips made a conscious decision not to implement uploading from the current models.

Without a backup, you'll have to start again. I assume you wiped the old laptop before you sold it, and didn't keep a backup in any form?

3. MSW

MSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    Precisely

Oh well thanks for the reply

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    There is no Publically known way to do it, I have a feeling philips can probably do it but wouldn't release the tech. PEP2 is quite different from PEP1 but is alot bette ronce you get used to it.

But this is one reason all my Pronto projects are backed up in duplicate locations and accessible.

5. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,162
    Ahhhggh. I've just lost a days programming!

I spent all day programming my new TSU9400... literally all day!
    I'd saved my project and downloaded it to the remote....but when I came to close the application for some reason it asked me if I wanted to save 'untitled.xcf'.

This was bonkers because my project wasn't called 'untitled' and I didn't have any other project open but the one I had been working on. But it wouldnt let me close it until I'd saved it (even though I'd already saved my real project as something else)... and it then overwrote my real project.

The result?... my current project had been replaced with a fresh blank one!

With no way to upload my project from the remote, I'm utterly screwed.
    This is really annoying as I'd sweated blood getting some scripts to work.

Not happy this morning!!

If anybody does know how to upload their project from the remote, I'd be eternally grateful. If it's a big secret, I'd appreciate a PM and I'd promise to keep my trap shut!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  6. Dave964

Dave964

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    There is no secret - it's really not possible.

I think there were even posts on remote central giving technical reasons why it couldn't be done (something to do with the way the bitmaps and stuff were downloaded I think).

7. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    If your real project was called something else, how could it get overwritten by "untiltled.xcf"? Have you searched for "*.xcf"?

I know it's a bit late, but, having read that files couldn't be loaded back to the PC (unlike my older Pronto), I made sure that I followed a strict backup procedure. After each page was finished, I saved the project. After each major change, I saved the project with a new name - project1.0.0, project1.0.1, etc.

At the end of each programming session, I also copied the project file to a USB memory stick.

8. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,162
    I think the cause of my lost project was down to me having the same named project in PEP1 and PEP2... it's a bit hard to explain what I think must have happened.

Anyway, I rebuilt my project in PEP2 and adopted an almost paranoic back up policy.
    At first I didn't like PEP2 as it seamed a bit long winded and I missed the easy links available in PEP1. But now I love it.
    PEP2 forces you to be more organised with your IR codes, and makes manipulating graphical items lots easier.

I've now got a wonderful configuration going on my TSU9400.
    I'm most pleased with the scripts for the power button... it's operation now differs according to a short or long press, and on whether you're in device mode, activity mode, or the home page.

I'm really pleased with the TSU9400. Although it lacks timers and the ability to communicate directly with X10 modules....unlike its predecessor RU990 which can do both, the screen, additional hard buttons and near instantenous page scrolling scrollin make it a joy to use.

Expensive, but worth it I think...though I'm tempted to keep the old RU990 just to execute X10 commands on a bunch of timers.

9. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    How did you make a button respond differently to short and long presses?
    Sounds interesting.

10. Dave964

Dave964

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Prontoscript provides two functions that can be used with buttons - onHold and onRelease. Anything outside the function is executed when the button is first pressed, and onHold / onRelease are executed when the names suggest.

You can define how long the button has to be held for, by setting a variable (onHoldInterval if I remember correctly).