• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

ANybody with expeience of generic and non OEM batteries for Nikon DSLR ?

RSK21

Hello,

Thanks to to some v helpful people here I have taken the plunge into DSLR photography this last week and invested in a Nikon D50.

Amongst the multitude of things I need to learn about I forgot one of the basics and ended up running out of power half way through a day of shooting yesterday :thumbsdow

So I need to invest in some extra power for my new toy - looking on Ebay and one or two other places there are plenty of replacement batteries at a fraction of the cost of the OEM one. Does anybody have any experience of using such batteries ? Are they going to damage my machine or give up the ghost up after 5 charges etc etc

All views much appreciated.

RSK

PaulBoy

Got my battery here & it works as well as the original Nikon ... Paul ;)

N

Nick Cartwright

I got a Uniross for my Oly 500, it was £12.99. I'm sure they make replacements for all makes. This was a bargain as the Oly batery is £70!!!

In a test I found of all replacements, the Iniross comes out top too, which was a bonus. Plus it has a 2 year warranty and is a reputable make.

md644

Yep, got a 7dayshop one for my D70, works just as well as the Nikon original. Might not last as long (but equally could do better), even if it doesn't I can just get one or two more and still spend less than on a Nikon original.

The only ones I would avoid would be cheap ones sold as Nikon originals, I would suspect they are either (a) Counterfeit, or (b) Old stock which may not have been properyl stored.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom