1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody with a 32PW9618 or similar?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bazzae123, Oct 24, 2003.

1. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody have a Philips 32PW9618 and can give me any feedback on the picture quality and whether it has a Philips tube or a Panasonic? I just phoned Philips and asked them and was told that it would most likely be a Panasonic tube which is disappointing as I've had experience of the new Philips tubes and liked it. I currently have a PD30 and although its not bad its not so hot on RGB and as most of my viewing is with RGB(Sky) I'm a bit disappointed. It also has the dirty marks and two pinkish arcs either side of the screen that shows up on light broadcasts. I've done the rounds and checked every PD30 I can find in the shops and they all have this pinkish arc that I can see. I'm really lost on this one and I'm not sure whether I'm jumping out of the frying pan into, well, complete madness.
    Any feedback would be truly welcome.

Bazza

2. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    36pw9608 comes with panny tube with poor purity and black bars all within Philips tolerance! Be warned

3. Frankie_D

Frankie_D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Im in exactly the same boat as bazzae123 im in the market for a TV and after much search whittled it down to this Philips, but it seems that every good TV on the market at the moment has poblems. I'm tempted to stick with my old 21" for a a few mre months and get a sony or hitachi plasma which have no problems.

4. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good luck with that :laugh: :nono:

5. Frankie_D

Frankie_D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Oh damn seems like all tvs have problems then ill do my research on plasmas next time i make a post. :rolleyes:

6. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't get me wrong - I don't have any specific evidence of problems with Sony or Hitachi plasmas as I've not researched plasmas at all due to inferior PQ.

However, it does seem that no manufacturer (except perhaps Loewe or B&O) is able to make a fault free TV these days... :(

7. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, the wife just went into one of her " Its only a TV" modes so perhaps to save a marriage I could buy a SKY+ box and try the PD30 with a S-video signal. I use this source from my Humax satellite box and it does appear to be a bit better than RGB. Anything to keep the peace. The thing is if the current PD30 goes back I'll have to go to another shop to get a P+ and I'll already arranged with the shop that I can get it replaced if the P+ is not to my liking. The only thing I loose is the 5 year warranty. Now, if I don't try this exchange scheme will I always be thinking that I've missed out?

Bazza