Anybody used Wharfedale achromatic WA-C4?

JamboV6

Standard Member
Reaction score
Im in need of a new centre speaker, I was originally running a mordaunt short 304, but it was a bit weak so i upgraded to a 905i, but it was huge and the wife wasnt having any of it although the sound was great. we have just ordered a new media cabinet to house the stuff and sit under the tv and will not leave alot of room between the cabinet and the bottom of the screen, i dont want to move the screen any higher as its perfect for the seating hight.
so having searched "small centre" etc and trawled through speaker specs i have two in mind.
the wharfedale and monitor radius 225hd, but that is out of my budget at the moment unless a cheap second hand one comes up.
can anyone else suggest an alternative of similar size, 120mm max.
im using a borrowed Bose double cube at the mo and it just isnt cutting it

cheers
James

Have you tried not having a Center?

You can set the Denon to send the front signals to just the front pair.The disadvantage is that the front soundstage is not as wide,but it may be the answer to your problem.

K.

No i hadnt even concidered that, will give it a go over the weekend but i think it will leave too much of a void as my fronts are unconventionally far apart from the tv, about 5ft either side of the tv, (the compromise with the wife for turning the lounge into cinema!)

tried it without the centre speaker but it just doesnt sound right at all. Any thoughts on mordaunt short Alumni 5?

Anyone? Someone must have experience of the alumni 5!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom