1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody used hififorsale/audiophilecandy before

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by doctorjuggles, Apr 17, 2005.

1. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I've posted a couple of items up for sale in there and so far I've had 4 replies, three of them so far have definitely been scam attempts and I'm deeply suspicious of the fourth one too.

Has anyone in here actually had any success on that site? The amount of suspicious activity on there is ridiculous.

2. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i have tried to sell on the site and have had a couple of scam attempts (very basic :D )

seem to be quite a few traders who are posting on a daily basis (free advertising i assume)

i have however bought off the site on one occasion and collected from the guy with no difficulty

there is certainly some very tasty high end gear for sale at what appear to be reasonable prices - but having spoken to another trader he has had scam attempts and a few dreamers/timewasters

the problem seems to be a lack of moderation and folk get get away with posting anything especially links to ebay

all in all i prefer buying and selling on these forums and have had absolutely no problems at all - great folk :thumbsup:

3. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I agree 100% about that. This forum will be my last resort though, not because I think it should be, but because I can only advertise here and here alone, which means my market is smaller. I want to advertise in a few places, and if I get no bites, I'll remove all the ads to comply with the rules and then post them in here.

I think moderation is in order on the hififorsale site, but the way it's set up means you don't need to be a member to deal, so I guess there's no real way to moderate that.

4. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    yeah, I always use this aite as my first port of call when buying or selling..!

5. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I've bought from the site with no problems - an MF x-ray.

Tried to sell a spare Kef Egg but heard nowt in months now.

I think the scams are for the more expensive stuff. As such I've not been tried.

6. vizslaraner

vizslaraner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Had no problems with hififorsale; bought both my Bryston and Lexicon items via the freeads. That said, I think one always has to be wary of possible scammers, regardless of the site.

7. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    it would be nice to see these forums having more high quality amps/speakers etc for sale - if necessary there could be a sub category

just an idea :D