• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anybody used a t.amp?

indus

Distinguished Member
These were suggested to me on another thread to serve my 4 atmos speakers.

Either this one

the t.amp E4-130

or this one

the t.amp D4-500

Anybody any experience of this brand or similar pro amps?

Thanks very much.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
These are fine for home use. Not really rugged enough for true "professional" use, but they sound OK as well. Worth looking at the Behringer ones, which are very similar but easier to fix in the UK, as you don't need to ship them back to Germany.

I went for the Behringer A500 studio amps, as these are convection cooled, so zero fan noise. As old school class AB amps with a conventional power supply, they sound great as well. Almost all the ultra-compact amps use some derivative of class D, coupled to a switched mode power supply, which to my ears tend not to sound as musical.

I use the t.Box Pro speakers as delays on conferences and they sound very good and are lasting well.

indus

Distinguished Member
These are fine for home use. Not really rugged enough for true "professional" use, but they sound OK as well. Worth looking at the Behringer ones, which are very similar but easier to fix in the UK, as you don't need to ship them back to Germany.

I went for the Behringer A500 studio amps, as these are convection cooled, so zero fan noise. As old school class AB amps with a conventional power supply, they sound great as well. Almost all the ultra-compact amps use some derivative of class D, coupled to a switched mode power supply, which to my ears tend not to sound as musical.

I use the t.Box Pro speakers as delays on conferences and they sound very good and are lasting well.

Thanks very much.
I'm after 4 channels for atmos speakers and would prefer a single box solution if possible. I don't need anything ridiculously powerful as these are small effects speakers. Could you suggest a Behringer that fits the bill.

Regards

indus

Distinguished Member
This one.
EPQ304 | PA Amplifiers | Power Amplifiers | Behringer | Categories | MUSIC Group

It also has a fan - like the t.Amp, so noise can be an issue.

Thanks mate. The fan noise is worrying me a bit, as I have no idea how loud it actually is. I wonder if it's any louder than my PJ? It's a very tempting price though...

There is this digital non fan 4 channel but nobody has it in stock at the moment with estimated dates somewhere mid December

Behringer iNuke NU4-6000 4-channel amplifier | Amplifier | Bax-shop | Your Music Revolution

I could go for two A500s but that would work out at £300 and be two boxes...

mattkhan

Distinguished Member
There is this digital non fan 4 channel but nobody has it in stock at the moment with estimated dates somewhere mid December
is this going in your room as opposed to some external equipment rack?

inukes are a) noisy, b) bright orange. You can mod them to avoid both issues but that requires fiddling with the internal wiring (hence can be a warranty voiding event). They are also not ideal for full range use.

indus

Distinguished Member
is this going in your room as opposed to some external equipment rack?

inukes are a) noisy, b) bright orange. You can mod them to avoid both issues but that requires fiddling with the internal wiring (hence can be a warranty voiding event). They are also not ideal for full range use.

They'll be in my room Matt. They will be behind me (ie behind sofa) so not bothered by what they look like (or lights) but noise would be an issue. And I don't want to mod anything.

However the inuke is a digital amp, does it still have a fan?

mattkhan

Distinguished Member
They'll be in my room Matt. They will be behind me (ie behind sofa) so not bothered by what they look like (or lights) but noise would be an issue. And I don't want to mod anything.

However the inuke is a digital amp, does it still have a fan?
the inuke sounds like a hairdryer that is about to take off into orbit :)

indus

Distinguished Member
Thanks Matt. The inuke is out then.

Maybe two A500s might be the solution then...

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
The A500s are more designed for domestic use, with just some fairly dim LEDs and no fan noise whatsoever. 2 of them are about the same height as an AVR as well, so they don't look or feel too huge.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom